Marking everything MATURE

Lacuna Arado

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3702 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Why? Because I'm tired of playing the guessing game that occurs when an item is suddenly flagged for having a keyword that is no longer kosher with GENERAL.

Case in point: Tavern Table & Chairs

I'm assuming that "tavern" has now become a naughtyword, or maybe it's something else. Several other items that have been out there for quite a while have also recently been flagged on a somewhat random "onesey-twosey" basis over the past few weeks. I really don't have the time or interest in doing guess work and re-vamping all of the keywords for each item individually, so a blanket approach to resolving this is going to have to do. I know this is tantamount to throwing the baby out with the bath water. If this hurts sales (and it likely will) then so be it.  :smileyfrustrated:

Hmmz, last few days I had also several items flagged for being marked as general. In my case it were items like sigarettes and alcolhol drinks.

Or someone with too much time on hands is voluntary flagging every single item that has something to do with smoking or drinking. Or someone at the lab has a hard time... going through all marketplace listings.

I think the mature listings are stupid. And they make no sense. I had a listing get marked as mature a few days ago because I had a wine bottle in the picture, not in the keywords and nowhere mentioned in the ad. I think it's horsecrap. Do we really need to have an item marked as mature simply because we have a bottle of wine in the picture? It's not like you can drink it.

ya I agree. But if they really want to be jerks about it, ok if it's an actual item your avatar can drink I can maybe go along with it. But just because it's in the picture and not even designated as alcohol, it should not just be assumed it's alcohol.

Actually it stated they were Moderate items, going by correct rating nomenclature, but the Wiki as stated now dropped the actual reference to alcohol and smoking that I remember it once had. 

Edit to update:  There was a similar thread in General Discussion, and it was discovered that the Market Place TOS does explicitly name tobacco and alcohol.

Moderate Content Is Only For 18+ Year-Old Residents.

• Depictions of or references to alcohol or tobacco use.

Ciaran Laval wrote:

The maturity rating guidelines have long said cigarettes and alcohol are mature items. In the case of virtual alcohol I've always found it a tad silly as WoW has taverns galore and drinking festivals and that's rated 13+ but there you go.

So does Disney World! 

I started a new thread without realizing that this one existed.  I just had my saloon items delisted and had to make them all mature.  They're on par with Disney Land's Frontier Land Saloons. 

But the thing that really gets me - LL has done nothing to prevent copy-botting, which they could easily do by putting in detection software into the SIMs core build.  But heaven forfend anyone making a tavern or old west replica.  Oh the horros!

That's my two cents (L$5)

Marking everything MATURE did not just result in reduced sales. It resulted in NO sales. As in ZERO, ZIP, ZILCH, NADA. Apparently, if your item is not GENERAL it simply isn't seen by the vast majority of marketplace shoppers.

I relent. :smileyfrustrated:

Madeliefste Oh wrote:

Hmmz, last few days I had also several items flagged for being marked as general. In my case it were items like sigarettes and alcolhol drinks.

Or someone with too much time on hands is
voluntary
flagging every single item that has something to do with smoking or drinking. Or someone at the lab has a hard time... going through all marketplace listings.

I had my bar unlisted.  If it is not someone going through listings of people in this forum, then I assume it is LL doing it. I wish they had the cojones to come here and say one way or the other whether they are or are not stupid enough to be spending their time on something like this.  Talk about rearranging deck chairs.

The solution is simple -- go in and delete that line from the listing guidelines and save a collective **** load of work for both us and LL.

Since this started I have 2 to 4 items flagged each day. Today my innocent icecubes were flagged. It seems keyword related, I had the word 'whiskey' among them, that was the only thing referring to alcohol.

I can imagen some alcoholics anonymous is amusing himself for a few hours flagging alcoholic drinks, but not four days on a row. My guess is that the lab is forcing their policy.... but why now? I'm really curious what is behind this.

Ciaran Laval wrote:

The maturity rating guidelines have long said cigarettes and alcohol are mature items. In the case of virtual alcohol I've always found it a tad silly as WoW has taverns galore and drinking festivals and that's rated 13+ but there you go.

Same in EQ, in fact, there is..ohhh...can't recall what it's called now, been awhile...but in EQ there are various things to "Master" like fishing, any of the crafts ie. making items, swimming, etc.  The higher one goes in these activities they get "better" at it.  There is one of these activites called drinking (the specialty of Dwarves).  When one first starts working on leveling up "drinking" just one or two drinks makes the screen start to blur and if you try to move your avatar it stumbles all around.  (The first time that happened to me I thought my PC had gone wonky.)  The higher one gets in drinking it takes more drinks to get this effect and less time for recovery.

Not sure what the age rating is, but I've met 12-year-olds in EQ.

This is happening a lot. I don't think it's keyword related only because I had one flagged that does not have alcohol of any sort in the description or keywords..it's a table and chairs that happen to have a prop on it of a bottle of wine. In fact, technically it could be a bottle of grape juice. It doesn't actually say wine on the bottle. Yet it got flagged. With the numbers that this is happening, I find it hard to believe that someone is just that bored. I'm starting to think maybe LL is going through listings and marking them. I mean it would be easy. Just search for words like wine, beer, etc and leave it set to general and voila...every single one of those should be delisted right? Seems an awfully big list for one bored person to go through it.

Maybe we should all pick another tabu category and start flagging..make their work load a bit bigger to perhaps move them to another issue lol

• 11 months later...

After a year of struggling to figure out why every item I listed recently defaulted to ADULT maturity rating, I finally figured out what was wrong. I had 2 words that triggered this. The first word is the name of my store (CBD) and the second is the word "mesh"

I discovered if either or both of these two words were in the title, the description or the keywords, it would trigger an ADULT rating. This is absolutely ludicrous. Everything is mesh these days. How can you not be able to use the word  "mesh" in the description. And the name of my store? For real!! I can't mention my store or mesh... And all my recent items are mesh clothing. It's infuriating that it took me this long to discover the trigger words.  

What can we do to challenge this crazy system LL has set up? It's hurting Buisness and results in a trial and error search for whatever is making the items default to ADULT.

I'm really upset by this and wish we all could do something to make a change to a better system.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3702 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.