Lelutka not Omega compatible?

Sylvia Wasp

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2664 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello, 

Couldn't find any information on this on Lelutka's site or in-world store, or MP or blog etc. but are Lelutka heads not Omega compatible?  If not, why not?  Why the proprietary system?

I have an Omega compatible mesh body and a Lelutka head, it's looking pretty good with the exception of the "Glam" skin (i'm more of a "low makeup" girl) , but this non-compatibility is really getting in my way.  

Even assuming I just wanted a skin for the new head *alone* and was willing to forget about the body for now ... where does one even get a skin for a lelutka head?  I spent about 45 minutes walking around their store looking at every little thing (and there are thousands of things) and didn't see a single skin for sale by Lelutka or any of their associates.  

I'm confused.  $5000 for a head and I can't do anything with it until I can install a nice realistic skin.  It would be nice if I could do body and head at the same time too.  

Sylvia

Sylvia Wasp wrote:

Hello, 

Couldn't find any information on this on Lelutka's site or in-world store, or MP or blog etc. but are Lelutka heads not Omega compatible?  If not, why not?  Why the proprietary system?

I have an Omega compatible mesh body and a Lelutka head, it's looking pretty good with the exception of the "Glam" skin (i'm more of a "low makeup" girl) , but this non-compatibility is really getting in my way.  

Even assuming I just wanted a skin for the new head *alone* and was willing to forget about the body for now ... where does one even get a skin for a lelutka head?  I spent about 45 minutes walking around their store looking at every little thing (and there are thousands of things) and didn't see a single skin for sale by Lelutka or any of their associates.  

I'm confused.  $5000 for a head and I can't do anything with it until I can install a nice realistic skin.  It would be nice if I could do body and head at the same time too.  

Sylvia

Search for "Lelutka applier" under "Skins" on the Marketplace.

Thanks, that seems to work at least for the head skins.  

Still wish it were Omega though so I can have the same skin over my whole body or use my own skin.  

Edit: I take it back, lol.  746 results of which only a small number are actually "skins."  How annoying.  

There are plenty of skins made for the Lelutka head (I have one). The reason if I remember correctly from the Omega website (lots of info there) is that the Lelutka head wasn't made using the SL default archetecture. 

Since Lelutka was one of the first heads out there quite a few designers made skins using the Lelutka "kit' (not too easy to get as I understand it). Lumae, I know makes them as that is what I have but there are others for sure. 

Once Catwa started making heads and giving out designer kits freely -- the game changed :D.   Since Simone is the only Lelutka head of the old group that will be Bento and since there is apparently Omega for Bento, I am guessing heads coming in the future will be compliant with Omega needs. 

Look in the Marketplace for Letuka skins and that will tell you who has made skins specifically for that head. 

Thanks for the detail that helps a lot.  

It means that I will soon have to buy *another* $5,000 head which is sad, but at least I now what's going on.  

I did find this thing ....

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Omega-System-Kit-Lelutka/10550651

... that says it makes lelutka heads omega ... something, but it isn't really clear what that's all about either. 

Sylvia Wasp wrote:

Thanks for the detail that helps a lot.  

It means that I will soon have to buy *another* $5,000 head which is sad, but at least I now what's going on.  

I did find this thing ....

... that says it makes lelutka heads omega ... something, but it isn't really clear what that's all about either. 

It's a relay that will "teach" the LeLutka head to accept the signals from an Omega applier. It's a common procedure accepted by body-part makers - both Slink and Maitreya use a similar process.

I can tell you thatOmega relays works, I have several SL accounts and use Omega relays on so many body parts.

It is what one poster over here said, when Catwa made the designer kits easy available, the Catwa industry took a big leap up.

To try to go exclusive, like TMP and Lelutka did (before the last head) is shooting yourself in the foot. I have bought the Lelutka Bento head, because I really prefer it over Catwas head. But now, some designers is so into Catwa that they don't even release Omega appliers, it is Catwa only.

But designers can just slap the UUID of their skins in an Omega applier??? It sounds easy, but most skins need tweaking to fit better to the facial features of the head. So to buy appliers advertised for the head is always better, but Omega appliers can look fantastic. Always demo, demo.

My preferred skins for Lelutka is from YS & YS and DeeTaleZ. Try to go there. But with DeeTaleZ, you will find out that 2/3 of their products is for Catwa and 1/3 for all the other heads. YS & YS has more LeLutka. https://www.flickr.com/photos/feelsobeautiful/

I typed in "Lelutka" in the Marketplace search, then used the filters on the left side to show only female skins, and got 1143?

Then did the same with "Omega". and got 4212 hits returned. But of course many of them will be for only mesh bodies, not heads. "Omega head" returns 1511

The Marketplace is not up to date with the SL mesh bodies and heads. It is difficult to find what you want... but it's never been easy to navigate there.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2664 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.