Age appropiate avatars available??

Herkyman

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3152 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi! Everyone looks like models and movi stars around here. I don't have a problem with that! Its hot! But for me, I would like to look older.. mid 50's....wrinkles... I can't seem to be able to get that look using the avatar builder. Face and body of a 20 year old is to much for my middle age ass! LOL! Thanks!

Your name does suggest that you are looking for men skins, hair, etc? (Apologies if you are looking for women stuff)

If I am correct, take a look at this store in Marketplace.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/es-ES/stores/7268

There's a skin called "a touch of grey" With it and a good shape and hair, you can achieve a mature, very attractive look. As a proof, the picture in this blog

https://irregularguy.wordpress.com/2012/02/27/now-is-the-hour/

There's also a skin named King, from Redgrave. It looks  mature (A handsome guy in his mid 40 or so)

Hopefully, more people will chime in to suggest you more skins, hairs, etc

Its kind of odd when a 20 something looking avatar turns out to be someone in their 50s or older, it has that awkward moment, maybe having an SL age to match your younger avatars look would be a good idea to start with, and then mention your RL age.

Once I met this guy with such an avatar, we went dancing, after a while he mentions his true age, so I am dancing with a 20 something and chatting with a much older man, at times I literally thought I was dealing wit two different people and ignoring the young guy I was dancing with and expecting him to ask why arent you talkinng to me.

I dont know why this happened but it was a unique one time experience.

That's because the avatar builder is for your shape, and doesn't include features like wrinkles, etc. 

There are two major, central components to create the basic appearance of your avatar: shape, and skin. Shape will give you most of the "big feature" - the shape of the face and its features, weight, height, length of various body parts, and the general bulge of muscles. Things like that. Skin gives you the details, like wrinkles, freckles, the highlights of muscles, softness of curves, and whatnot. They work together, so you want a skin that complements your shape, or a shape that works well with your favorite skin. (Most people tweak a shape to match a chosen skin - it's much easier, since most skins are no-mod, and creating skins is quite challenging.)

Aeros is a name I hear again and again for male skins. Check out this one; definitely an older appearance. That's the full version, but there's a demo, which of course I recommend strongly that you try before you invest in full versions of any skin. 

You can also look for add-ons like wrinkle tattoos, grey or greying hair/facial hair, etc. Styling makes a surprising amount of difference. 

Check out this thread for additional suggestions. 

Herkyman wrote:

Hi! Everyone looks like models and movi stars around here. I don't have a problem with that! Its hot! But for me, I would like to look older.. mid 50's....wrinkles... I can't seem to be able to get that look using the avatar builder. Face and body of a 20 year old is to much for my middle age ass! LOL! Thanks!

I like this shop because their aged avis are good, and they are cheap too ...

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Jewellery/107/64/38

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3152 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.