Stuck Presence Issue : problem in log in

sonata1986

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4470 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

hi all

i havve strange problem

when i  log in by my user

sonata1986

it tells me this problem i canot log in for the pacific time !

i mean look to the pic

untitled.JPG

i tried his solutions and it didnot worked :

1_ i  unstill the viewer and re setup it didnot works too

2_ i setup many viewers types and  didnot works too.

3_ i setup many versions of sl viewer didnot works too

4_ i setup new window and then sl viewer didnot works too

5 _ i tried all this also on my laptop and my pc all donot work !

6_  i tried this solution and it didnot work

(((

1. Open Second Life Preferences to the General tab and check the box ‘Show at Log in’ for the start location options to appear on the log in screen.
2. Using the drop down menu to the right of the Log In button on the Log in Screen, change the drop down to ‘Type region name’ and type in another region such as the region [Lime]
3. Click Log In((((

finllay i have anather avater i works normal without  problems but my avatrer : sonata1986 never work s whyyy

14 answers to this question

This is a known issue, the recurrence of an old bug.  Fortunately, most people are  able to get around it with a fairly simple process.  As explained by Marigold Devin, our queen of the ghosts, " Not guaranteed, but has worked for me (again) today. Bring up log in screen and change the start login location to Furball or Chalvez or Quarrel or Itress (these are not magic sims, just nice empty ones). And try to log in, and try and try and try and try and try. It does often take MANY attempts, but it is possible (if you believe in yourself) to log back in this way. However, the stuck presence will remain in the sim/server it is stuck on until you teleport across to within range of it. Then you should be ok again"  Give it a try, and do be patient.  You are not alone.

ETA:  As an alternative, if you are a Premium member, just call Live Chat and explain your problem.  They'll fix you up right away.

LL is aware of this issue and working on it. In the meantime, avoid using Firestorm or Phoenix. It seems those have been more affected than people using the official viewer.

Stuck Presence Issue

[postED 10:03AM 28 January 2012] We are aware that some residents are experiencing log in issues caused by a stuck presence from their previous log out from Second Life. This problem can usually be cleared by logging into a different region by following these steps:

1. Open Second Life Preferences to the General tab and check the box ‘Show at Log in’ for the start location options to appear on the log in screen.
2. Using the drop down menu to the right of the Log In button on the Log in Screen, change the drop down to ‘Type region name’ and type in another region such as the region [Lime]
3. Click Log In.

If this does not allow you to log in please submit a Support case using Technical Questions > Second Life Viewer Login Issues for assistance. The cause of this issue is currently under investigation.

http://status.secondlifegrid.net/2012/01/28/

Hello sonata. Obviously the bug with "ghost avatars" affects you too. If you can't log in a different region, you have to submit a ticket https://support.secondlife.com/create-case/ under account issues --> second life web login issues. Report there your problem and wait for a reply. If you are a premium it is preferable to use the LiveChat. The link is the same and you find the option on the right. Good luck.

Btw here is the main jira about https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/SVC-7632 You can vote there, watch and add your comment.

I got my main avatar (this one) back in world, but my alt remains ghosted in exactly the same sim, nothing has worked to dislodge her. The only difference between my main and alt is the hair, so now I am thinking hair acts like ghost glue! But that is not a fact, of course, just a rumour scribbled down on a bit of paper by the side of my computer :matte-motes-big-grin-squint:

Once you understand what is happening you’ll have a better chance of fixing it. Also, it helps to know there have been several different causes and fixes over time.

Severl months ago there was a problem of the viewers not logging out correctly or the servers not noticing the log out. This left the last region you were in thinking you were still logged in. People in the region could often still your avatar, thus the name ghost came to apply to this problem.

Since many of us use a login to last location, our login would be rejected by the region because it thought we were already there. The fix was to login into a different region, travel to our previous logout location and scare our ghost away. (The region would wake up and realize the ghost was a mistake and drop it.) But, that doesn’t always work.

Another problem was found with mesh capable viewers. To solve that problem one had to change to an older versions without the mesh capability and login with it. After logging out they could once again login with a mesh capable viewer. This problem seems to have been fixed. Plus it is getting harder to find a viewer without mesh capabilities.

The current fix is to call support and explain the problem. They will kick your ghost out. Then you can log in.

However, there are some work arounds for the old problems that still work. The long story for all the fixes is here: I Can’t Login.

I’ve gotten emails saying the 60 second window trick is getting them in. I recommend you only try it if support is being slow. It is tedious and throws a load on the login servers.

A crash is often the reason a ghost gets left behind. Also a bad connection can cause a disconnection. It is unclear whether the disconnect with an error message leaves a ghost. Either way there are number of ways to clear a ghost out. Some easy ones to try are; have someone or an alt of yours send the ghost L$1 or an IM or try logging into a different region.

It's not that simple. Unless they take care of the underlying problem, people would just get ghosted all over again, Meanwhile, they would have annoyed thousands of people (like me) who haven't had a ghosting problem at all. Linden Lab is apparently building a fix into the next server rollout, mid-week this week, but they need time to test it and be sure that the "fix" doesn't create even worse problems. After all, THIS problem was evidently a side-effect of a repair to one of the sim-crossing problems that residents have been complaining about for a long time. It's hard to make changes in a complicated system without having some unintended consequences.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4470 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.