By mistake I rotated a little my house.

examining

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3083 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

This happened twice already, the first time I had forgot to lock it and the second it asked "are you sure, this item is locked" but did not notice it in time.

I corrected all the furniture alright but now I cannot cross the doors to enter or to get out.

So, I placed a landmark inside the house and another outside, in order to get in and out but I'd be grateful for a solution.

Thanks

P.S.: Yesterday I went to listen some music in a club inworld.  Did nothing but sipping my wine (I brought it with me) and listening, and had such a good time I do not remember having several years now in RL.

You do not worry, it's my way to study building and all other things in sl.  Not that valuable the house, initially I tried a free house, beautiful though.  Then I decided to try a 50 linden house, still beautiful.

I made my research and discovered that there are houses of 600 linden and more, claiming fully furnished and interactive etc etc.  I saw they are fully uggly and not functional.  So I stayed in my 50 linden house and study building in a no expensive way.

There is no time to study properly as a student, neither to practice living in my backyard before to live.

Probably I'll just delete the house and start all over again.  I found out how to dance!!!!  (irrelevant but I like)

P.S. 2 How did I rotate the house?  Tried to rotate a potted plant touching the leaves but in between there was the house.  Locked alright but am always ALWAYS in a hurry, as I steel time from RL endless chores for sl.  So I did not notice before it was too late.  Normally I should never enter sl, it's not that I have spare time and do not know how to dispose.  It's that I'm in love with sl and the legal husband (rl) is after me.  No divorce solution obviously.

11 answers to this question

Hi again examining,

Did you try the methods we recommended the last time you had this problem?

https://community.secondlife.com/t5/Technical/why-each-time-I-rez-a-house-it-seems-to-lean/qaq-p/2977935

If you did and that didn't work, come back and edit your question (via "Options" over there on the right) to give us more detail about what you tried and how it didn't work.

If you didn't try what we recommended, I recommend you do!

I think you should also try to figure out how you are accidentally rotating the house. Slow down when you're editing and... examine your situation?

;-).

Good luck!

• Like 1

Locking helps, but not if you're going to ignore it. :smileytongue:  For now, be sure that you have the Select by Surrounding and Select Only My Objects options checked in the Build menu.  Then fly or cam up over your house, turn on your editor (CTRL + 3), and drag a selection  rectangle around the entire house.  Then, use the rotation tool (the red, green, blue circles) to rotate the house to whatever orientation you prefer.

I suggest spending some time in a sandbox or your backyard practicing basic building skills with disposable prims before you do much more work on something big and valuable like your house.

Rolig Loon wrote:

I suggest spending some time in a sandbox or your backyard practicing basic building skills with disposable prims before you do much more work on something big and valuable like your house. 

Ya know, I did exactly that in RL. Dad got tired of swatting me away as he worked on our house, so he tossed me out in the woods with some hand tools and told me to build my own. I went through several generations over the years and finally got good enough to be let back inside... with power tools.

Next summer I'm heading outside again to build something like this...

My neighbor had professionals install a wrought iron arbor in her yard. She planted grape vines at the corners, which now grow nicely over the entire thing. I warned her that would attract critters, but she thankfully didn't care. Now I get to watch the wild turkeys hop all over the thing every August.

My only problem with that pergola is the metal splice at the apex of each rafter. They did that I to avoid the need for very wide timbers. I'm probably going to laminate curved rafters. There's a sawmill on the opposite side of Wisconsin from me that sells black locust lumber, which is good for 50-80 years outdoors. After spending the last three years repairing rotted pieces of my house and barn, I'm not going to build anything I can outlive.

The Emerald Ash Borer is here, but it's producing more firewood than lumber. In total, I have about 1000 board feet of cherry, aspen/poplar, willow, red pine, ash, elm, maple and walnut in my barn. Half of that was there when I was born. Half of it will be there when I die. Most of the woodwork in my house is made from trees grown on my property.

Carpathian elm burl is very pretty. I have some veneer, but have never figured out what to do with it. Maybe someday I'll make a grandmother clock.

Have you ever visited a Rockler woodworking store? http://www.rockler.com/retail/stores

It's possible that your house is Phantom, to keep its land impact value down, and there is an invisible prim that makes the walls "solid."  If you rotated the house, but not the invisible prim, the door openings may no longer line up.

Hit CTRL+ALT+T to see transparent textures.  Look for an area of red blocking your door.  Select only the invisible prim(s) and rotate it/them to match the house.

Another possibility:  You set the house from Physics Type "Prim" to "convex hull".  This will often reduce the land impact, but it will also "close up" any hollowed out prims in the linkset.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3083 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.