Thoughts: Proof of Purchase item?

HarrisonMcKenzie

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2730 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I wanted to throw this idea out there to see what people think and how you would do this.

I make clothes for kids, which are specific mesh avatars and don't fit one another. I keep having this issue where people are buying my clothes, not realizing that their avatar size isn't included. I'm trying to make this as transparent as possible and have tried a few different ways to display my sizes, but it's not working. I want to help make it clear what avatars/sizes are available so that my customers don't feel like I'm ripping them off.

One idea is to pack each size differently in the vendor, as well as a "fatpack" with all sizes at the same price, so that customers can see what sizes are available before buying. I want to honour any purchase a customer makes and make it possible for them to get all the available sizes (again, I'm not pricing them differently). In order to speed up size requests, I thought it would be fun to have a Proof of Purcahse included with the item. I do have vendor records, but it's going to be way faster if the customer can send me something.

But how do I make a Proof of Purchase? I'd like it to just be a notecard or something simple that the customer can send me, I can open and verify, and then send them their requested size.

So the question is, how would you make a Proof of Purchase? Please share your ideas (making a Proof of Purchase or how to handle this sizing issue). Thanks.

How many different sizes are there? I notice some clothes I buy, the seller puts different sizes in one package. I've seen up to eight or so sizes for different bodies in one package. Could you not just do this?

I don't know the child avatar clothing market so I'm not sure how feasible it is. I just think it's a great touch when I notice clothes sellers do it.

I'm surprised that it's way faster for you to have a customer send you something than find the sales record. That sounds like the vending system that needs a different user interface.

I would always rather find the sales record myself, it's faster by a long way for me.

If someone pops open my IM, I've got their full sales history up before they've finished typing.

It's not your fault that people don't pay attention if you clearly state what avatar the clothing will fit. 

IMO you should have a clear refund policy on a big sign in your shop and in the product description or store policy on the marketplace.  Unless the items are transferable and they can return them to you in their original state with no mods, I'd have an all sales final with a no refund policy - the exception being a double purchase.  Most merchants do.  You can always make an exception to your policy if the situation warrants it.

Most merchants require people requesting a refund to submit a copy of the purchase transactions along with the item.  That way you have the date and transaction number to quickly find it in your records to verify a purchase was actually made by the person requesting the refund.  They could have gotten a transferable item from someone and are just trying to cash in.

As other's have said, I would also recommend that you download your transactions to a spreadsheet as suggested so you have a good record of them past the 32 days they stay on your web site transaction record, unless you use a vendor system that records the transactions on a server.

Thanks for your replies everyone. I do have transaction histories (it's the entire reason why I have a vendor system). What I mean is that it would be faster for a customer to say "hey, here's my proof of purchase. Can you send me XYZ size," than it would be for them to contact me and then me having to go look for the purchase.

Nalytha: That's what I've been doing the whole time. I don't want to charge for sizes separately, since I don't see any value in doing that. The problem, though, is that customers can't see what size is it isn't included when it's boxed up. Since I sell for a certain shape/age group first and foremost and tack on other avatars and sizes as available, I can't find a way to be more explicit (this item has these sizes, and that item has those sizes). If I could leave it as a single box, I would love to.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2730 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.