How About A Transfer Option?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2905 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

$15 every 3 months will still put me at $60 in fees compared to $12. I mean they take a % on the sale, on the conversion and now the transfer? That's just greedy. I don't see how they could be hurting for cash with all those monthly server rentals and all that they are getting from market sales. I prefer to take it slow and maximize my profits. When I have time i will find a way to get in contact with them and let them know directly. Make it an option.

MasterJunior SecretSpy wrote:

$15 every 3 months will still put me at $60 in fees compared to $12. I mean they take a % on the sale, on the conversion and now the transfer? That's just greedy. I don't see how they could be hurting for cash with all those monthly server rentals and all that they are getting from market sales. I prefer to take it slow and maximize my profits. When I have time i will find a way to get in contact with them and let them know directly. Make it an option.

You are wrong about the fee.  It is $1.5% up to a maximum of $15.   You can cash out the equivalent of $10K US and still only pay $15 in fees.  You will never pay $60 in fees.  So cashing out every three months will save you fees.

.. plus the cost of not having access to the money that was left sitting in your L$ account for the full year.

I have to admit, I'm really torn on this. I do appreciate having the money faster. But at what cost? I mean, there is value to receiving the money more quickly, but I just can't say that the value is worth the extra fees paid. Because the fees seem out of balance with the value, and because we have no other choices, it tends to rub one the wrong way ... making you feel like the Godfather made you an offer etc. etc.

/me takes off his tinfoil hat ...

... this time.

Darrius Gothly wrote:

and because we have no other choices, it tends to rub one the wrong way ... making you feel like the Godfather made you an offer etc. etc.

/me takes off his tinfoil hat ...

... this time.

This ^. We have no other choice, and not only does it rub the wrong way, but when you have a lot invested in SL, it's a concern. I was cashing out twice a month before, and now I haven't done a cash out since March 23. I'm trying to accumulate to reduce fee cost. I think many others would be doing the same. At the moment I have a sell order in at 250, and this has been there for a few days now. Once this is executed I'll do a cash out and pay my $15 fee, and then wait for 4 or 5 days.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2905 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.