Blackmail?

Carrie Wheeler

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4402 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

A while back I got a little concerned about my on-line security and I joined an in-world group called Green Zone.  Eventually things settle down, the group became less active and any notices never reached me, dispite my group settings. Basically, I'd forgotten all about this group for months.

Now I've recieved a notice from someone accusing the group of griefing, and threatening my business, my creations, and my land simply because I am a member of an in-world group, have that group listed in my profile, and own a SL business. A group office sent a response saying in effect "we will not submit to blackmail" While I applaud that sentiment politically, practically I missed his deadline and have no idea what or if any consiquences will occur.

If any Lindens happen to read this, I'd truely like to know what my options are. I hate to file an AR, especially since I can't be the first one to do so.  I'm scratching my head over this one.

The person doing this sounds like a bit of a nasty piece of work from what I hear. I believe that he is doing this to a lot of people, and they will most likely all AR him. I saw another thread about it also in these forums, about a notecard, and assume it's about the same person.

Lindens probably wont read this. But I think your best option is to AR (I'm not AR-happy, but in this instance, you all need to do it) then don't stress out. You have done nothing wrong.

the person doing this is another merchant with a global banning system using his customers as a huge ban list..

sound familiar?

also with his threats if they are true is playing with his customers SL's and businesses to  try to improve his own...

what is going to happen according to his threats is this..

his products will be calling people griefers and bots in public chat..and AR's will more than likely be happening when his products do this...

more than likely it will be owners and objects getting the AR while he sits clean and safe using his customers as pawns..

anyone that has been in GZ group since this merchant has been in there has already been put on his list he has long before this silly deadline  of 12 hours he mentioned..

we already tested it out one day last year..

so the threats he is making is to wake the group up that was sleeping for months and months..

more than likely to drum up attention for his business..

it's not nice for a merchant to make pawns of their customers like he says he will be doing..they may find out they are being used as pawns.. i can't see that being a pretty ending..

and the proccess won't be pretty either for the ones not knowing they hold something that can have them AR'd at any moment..

i would mention the name of the merchant  doing this..but i'm not gonna advertize him or his products here..and also it's against the rules anyways..

Sorry to hear your issues.....SL is full of certified nutcases cloaked behind alias user names and pixelated avatars... mute the person they can't do squat - just another ranting loon :) 

EDIT - Actually... "SL is full of certified nutcases cloaked behind alias user names and pixelated avatars" would be a good slogan on the official website :D 

LillyBeth Filth wrote:

EDIT - Actually... "SL is full of certified nutcases cloaked behind alias user names and pixelated avatars" would be a good slogan on the official website
:D

I think this is exactly how LInden Lab employees regard the general userbase of SL, i.e. nutcases and wack-jobs, which is why they don't interact with us in-world anywhere near as much as they used to.

Having personally carried out customer service here for 8 years to support my businesses, I completely share their sentiment. Every new contact with a potential customer is like a roll of the dice. Am I going to get a normal one? a roleplaying one? a village idiot one? a nutjob one? a griefer one or is it just someone doing recon before they rip me off. I guess the plus side is there is never really a dull day running a business in SL. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4402 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.