Val: hasta la vista baby???

Mandji Koba

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4295 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Some of you know by the PMs I could send them using this alt that valerie Inshan can no longer post on these forums since this morning around 8:00 AM GMT. A support ticket is under investigation. I contacted Live chat twice. 

The first time I was told to reset my password and wait for 15 minutes before login back: nothing.

The second time I was suggested to use Chrome (which I can't use during the day, well... hem, the office hours *coughs* as my boss could only afford an old PowerPC Mac!). I'm home now and using Chrome: still nothing, nada, niente, rien!!!....

People at Live chat (very nice and polite btw) seemed completely clueless on this one. I get the "we're working on it" answer. 

So here's my question: my last post was in a spamming thread in the answers section about "Bangalore". I RICed it and it was pulled out by the moderator. But before reporting the thread, I did click on the link included in it (some cheap advertising for flights to India and Pakistan). Knowing that my Macs have firewalls enabled and that Macs in general are less exposed than other computers, do you think there could be any relation with the fact that I couldnt't post anymore after that? I'm not sure, as I posted there around 1:00 AM SLT and did not try to post again before 4:00 AM. 

What do you guys think? Is Val doomed to be lost forever for these forums or do you believe the techies at LL will be able to fix that? 

(PS: no need to say that loosing my SL partner and even myself in less than a week is rather hard to handle... :smileysad:)

Mandji Koba wrote:

Some of you know by the PMs I could send them using this alt that valerie Inshan can no longer post on these forums since this morning around 8:00 AM GMT. A support ticket is under investigation. I contacted Live chat twice. 

The first time I was told to reset my password and wait for 15 minutes before login back: nothing.

The second time I was suggested to use Chrome (which I can't use during the day, well... hem, the office hours *coughs* as my boss could only afford an old PowerPC Mac!). I'm home now and using Chrome: still nothing, nada, niente, rien!!!....

People at Live chat (very nice and polite btw) seemed completely clueless on this one. I get the "we're working on it" answer. 

So here's my question: my last post was in a spamming thread in the answers section about "Bangalore". I RICed it and it was pulled out by the moderator. But before reporting the thread, I did click on the link included in it (some cheap advertising for flights to India and Pakistan). Knowing that my Macs have firewalls enabled and that Macs in general are less exposed than other computers, do you think there could be any relation with the fact that I couldnt't post anymore after that? I'm not sure, as I posted there around 1:00 AM SLT and did not try to post again before 4:00 AM. 

What do you guys think? Is Val doomed to be lost forever for these forums or do you believe the techies at LL will be able to fix that? 

(PS: no need to say that loosing my SL partner and even myself in less than a week is rather hard to handle... :smileysad:)

Aww Val :(  This stinks, it really does, we need you here on the forums, I always look forward to your posts. As for that link, it may have something to do with it and I hope those at LL fix it soon so we can have you back where you belong. :)

I am sorry about your partner Val, it sucks how life can be sometimes,  big hugs to you :heart:

Val, I think it's unlikely that your Mac got a bug. The only vulnerability I've heard about recently is if Java 7 is installed and enabled. Mountain Lion hasn't got Java and the last version of Java included with Mac OS was 6, so unless you downloaded and enabled Java 7, you should be fine.

I think it's more likely to be a technical glitch that might not have bothered you so under better circumstances. Hopefully LL will get to the bottom of it.

Hang in there, Kiddo. The life guards may be busy reading The National Enquirer, but there are plenty of people out here in the pool with you that will be happy to start waving hands to get their attention.

Maddy

ETA: See, Nyll has already started!

Mandji Koba wrote:

No infected file Nyll, thanks for the tool. I am still not able to post under valerie Inshan. I PMed Lexie but I'am afraid she is not around anymore. Will try Rodvik. There MUST be an issue. thank you hun, I will keep trying.

Well, at least it eliminated the possibility. If Lexie isn't around I've sent you a PM on another possible route to a Community Manager.

Hugs Nyll

Joining the thread a bit late in the day, but val has certainly been in my thoughts a whole lot more these last few days.  I don't believe in horoscopes, and moons lining up with uranus and all of that, but I do believe that sometimes a lot of things are thrown at us to really push us to the limit.

I cannot work out why val is unable to reply to posts, but can still give kudos and delete posts. It is most bizarre.  But, you know, tomorrow is a whole new day, and maybe things will start to come right again.

Looking for lots of sunshine and rainbows.

Meantime, I'll add another hug into the val hug fund.

:smileyhappy::heart::cathappy:

@ Echo and all! THIS IS FIXED, YAY!!!!! 

OMG 7:00 AM here, just woke up and THIS IS FIXED!!!! YAY!!!!! I have to say Live chat and LL techs were awesome on this one! Lol, I've never been so pleased to receive emails from LL:

"Thank you for contacting Linden Lab regarding your account. I apologize that you're having this problem. This appears to be a part of a bug and we are currently working on it. Thank you for your patience. You will be updated soon."

Then:

"Greetings from Second Life. Occasionally, Linden Lab needs to determine the cause of bugs, simulator slowdowns, and various other occurrences that you may have experienced while in Second Life. Your account will be returned shortly (usually within a 1/2 hour), and no changes will be made to your character or account other than those required to resolve the problem.

Your account will be restored as soon as we resolve the specific issue, and we will notify you via email when that happens. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please feel free to contact us if you have further questions.    Best Wishes, Linden Lab"

And finally: 

"Dear valerie Inshan,

Thank you for your patience while we worked on your Second Life account. If you have any difficulty accessing your account, please reset your password at:

https://secondlife.com/my/account/request.php

We hope that this did not impact your Second Life too severely, and apologize for any inconvenience that it may have caused. As always, if you have any questions, feel free to contact us by visiting http://www.secondlife.com/community/support.php

Best Wishes, have fun,

Linden Lab"

Woohoo!!! Now I know why I am paying for a premium account! :D Thank you all for your support!!! :heart:

valerie Inshan wrote:

OMG 7:00 AM here, just woke up and THIS IS FIXED!!!! YAY!!!!! I have to say Live chat and LL techs were awesome on this one! Lol, I've never been so pleased to receive emails from LL:

"Thank you for contacting Linden Lab regarding your account. I apologize that you're having this problem. This appears to be a part of a bug and we are currently working on it. Thank you for your patience. You will be updated soon."

Then:

"Greetings from Second Life. Occasionally, Linden Lab needs to determine the cause of bugs, simulator slowdowns, and various other occurrences that you may have experienced while in Second Life. Your account will be returned shortly (usually within a 1/2 hour), and no changes will be made to your character or account other than those required to resolve the problem.

Your account will be restored as soon as we resolve the specific issue, and we will notify you via email when that happens. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please feel free to contact us if you have further questions.    Best Wishes, Linden Lab"

And finally: 

"Dear valerie Inshan,

Thank you for your patience while we worked on your Second Life account. If you have any difficulty accessing your account, please reset your password at:

We hope that this did not impact your Second Life too severely, and apologize for any inconvenience that it may have caused. As always, if you have any questions, feel free to contact us by visiting 

Best Wishes, have fun,

Linden Lab"

Woohoo!!! Now I know why I am paying for a premium account!
:D
Thank you all for your support!!! :heart:

Oh sure. Just as I get out of my jammies to join Mandji, you come back.

Pffft, Maddy can have you!

Snugs McMasters wrote:

valerie Inshan wrote:

Then:

And finally: 

"Dear valerie Inshan,

We hope that this did not impact your Second Life too severely, and apologize for any inconvenience that it may have caused. As always, if you have any questions, feel free to contact us by visiting 

Best Wishes, have fun,

Linden Lab"

Woohoo!!! Now I know why I am paying for a premium account!
:D
Thank you all for your support!!! :heart:

Oh sure. Just as I get out of my jammies to join Mandji, you come back.

Pffft, Maddy can have you!

I'll take her, you jackass.

Welcome back, Val!

Echo Hermit wrote:

Joining late again, but so very glad to hear everything has been sorted, val, and you're able to post again.  Bizarre bug. Wonder how many people were affected by it.

Always so glad when you join Echo, no matter how late. Strange bug indeed. SL's mysterious ways... I am really impressed of how fast they fixed it. Hugs you dearly and thank you for your patience and support! :heart:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4295 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.