What type of games do people want in SL?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2354 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I love to create stuff and I always end up bingeing on one thing or another.

Right now I'm jonesing to stretch my scripting skills and make some more fun games.

Hunt & Catch? Hard hunts (like trying to find a 4-leaf clover in a field of 3 leafers)? Board games? Random prize games?

hmmm Twister? Oh! Whack a Troll! OK I'm gonna go work on that one lol.

Chasing things down like the fairy is fun but I think that is over too quickly.

No gambling games, not into the money thing. Want to steer clear of any possible TOS violations.

• 1 year later...

More anime based MMO games like sword and lvl  based PVP and PVE  playing. Ninshu was an inworld gaming sim like that. It was amazing but closed. Also more arcade games except ones that are original. Also games where you earn lindens (that aren't very repetitive)! People love those.

Edited by JingleWorm

• 3 weeks later...

I've had an idea for a Grid Game ever since Pokemon Go came out. 

The makers of Pokemon Go (Niantic Labs) have another game that utilizes GPS locations and faction-based competition titled INGRESS. It operates on a similar level to Pokemon GO in that you visit hotspots using your GPS (phone), but instead of capturing monsters it's more of a "Capture the Flag" type game. 

Competing factions visit "Portals" located in public areas. These portals can be "Captured" by attacking them, enabling teams to turnover portals and compete for territory!! 

I have always imagined this type of game could work FANTASTICALLY on the grid! For both players and hosts! Sims can offer to host portals, much like fishing spots and other location based games, encouraging people to visit new areas or congregate in existing ones. Naturally it would be a traffic booster. Players could have fun by working to control territory for their faction or using the portals to discover new sims!!! 

Anyway, i know that's sortof just a long rant/concept, but I really think something like this could be both possible and fun!! I would LOVE a game like this to encourage groups to play together and travel across the grid.... 

I'm not too sure. I don't play a lot of games , mostly because I don't like them. I find adventure games frustrating because they seem to rely on platforming (which SL does not do well) or puzzles (which are not fun for me). A lot of sports in SL are also frustrating because of rubber banding and lag, which makes trying to actually play them frustrating.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2354 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.