question about ban evasion

ferrarifan

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2698 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Today i was told i will be reported for ban evasion for being in a group that i was supposedly banned from yet i didn't know i was banned from it. The group was known as cuppycake collective and the group i was banned from is care free daycare. Does bann evasion term apply to just when you create an account after being banned from secondlife or does it go to groups you were banned from as well? Please answer A.S.A.P. i think the person that said that and ejected me from the group is abusing her power.

8 answers to this question

I have been banned from franks, for over a year.  I have apoloized, had witnesses swear on my honor.  I made a mistare and was rude.  I admit that, however, I have never been kicked out of a place.  I am 63 and have cancer.

Being banned from a group and being banned from Second Life are two completely different things and Linden Lab will not in any way interfere in how a group owner or group administrator manages a group.

That means the person who banned you from that group didn't abuse her power because she does have the right to evict anybody for any reason or even for no reason at all. Sorry about that.

On the positive side, it also means the ban only affects that group and has no significance whatsoever for anything else you do or are part of in Second Life.

• Like 3

Welcome to SecondLife where you can be banned from any sim by any sim owner, or empowered group member of said sim(s) without any justification whatsoever, or Linden Lab intervention. I sit here asking myself is there any contribution/connection between this "policy" & currently soooo many empty sims???   You always want to stop think about what you post & do in a sim (or this Forum) ; due to the fact there are always those who will attempt to use some simplistic minded psychological ploy to entice/provoke you into posting/saying something irrational in the hope of you getting you banned from a sim, or even this Forum.  0-o  Sorry that is enough of my Intro to Psychology course   :manlol:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2698 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.