Single sit multi animation question

Xalanna

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2641 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have put five animations into a object with a single sit multi animation system and the transition between the poses is really weird, with a couple I float up in the air for a second before settling into the correct position and some I sink into the ground before settling, this is my first try and I can't figure out what I am doing wrong. Any ideas would be really appreciated. Thank you.

You're probably not doing anything wrong.  If those anims were all made by different people or at different times, they were not designed to have their centers at the same place.  The best you can do is to give your end users the option of adjusting the sit position of each one relative to the sit target as they use them. If you're seeing anims that "float" for a second before they settle down, you may be using a script that seats the av first and then changes the anim from the default "sit" anim to your chosen one.

Unfortunately that is very very VERY old technology :D. Maybe six years or more. The only way it will work is if you make all the poses yourself with the same starting point  OR buy from the same pose - animation creator who hopefully uses the same starting point. 

The other option is to purchase a script set that will let you adjust each pose. The most popular is AVsitter. Not cheap. If you are just starting to build and want to sell things, then the most logical plan would be to make things that don't require sits until you can afford (or want) to buy the scripting need to make things works well nowadays. You could of course write your own scripts if you love scripting. 

So Rolig's message is completely correct. Technology marches on. 

nPose is a free alternative. Documentation isn't their strongest suit, but there's an inworld group and they have classes. You can pick up a copy of the current version at their inworld location or via Marketplace. It does a lot, if you can figure it out. I'm still trying to figure it out. :matte-motes-smile:

I made an object with multiple 'sit' poses (more precisely dances), I didn't have some fancy pro multipose sitter script, i cobbled something together out of a full perm sit script in a pose stand.

I don't tend to get that "float up and settle, sink and settle" problem, possibly because standing anims like dances tend to mess less with vertical avatar-centre/pelvis translates.

I even managed to get it to cycle poses when you click the base of the object without menu popups, but auto setting pose z-offsets, while possible in theory, is a real pain, I still get different height avis floating at slightly different heights above the table when they dance., compared to the hassle of doing it your self from scratch, even a 'hard to use' sitter script might be easier.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2641 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.