"unexpected server error" hardly unexpected when it happens almost constantly

Iva Rhapsody

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4389 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

"unexpected server error" hardly unexpected when it happens several times ever time you try to save a script, upload any kind of asset be it an animation, image etc., this has been going on for several days now along with friends list coming up blank, no groups etc. and I'm not the only one experiencing it...maybe less time should be spent breaking existing products so a handful of newbs unwilling to learn how to use their inventory can find there new shoes and a little more time spent fixing the large number of serious problems out there

5 answers to this question

When you ask a tech question include information about your computer. Get the info from the viewer's Help-About... and paste that into your post with your question. To add your info to an existing question use OPTIONS->EDIT. It’s in the upper right of your post.

It sounds like you have a connection problem. Read through Troubleshoot Your #SL Connection and try some of the easy tests to confirm or eliminate that you do or don't have a connection problem.

On Mac's some of your simptoms come from a problem with DNS servers not working as they should. There is a section at the link above about improving your DNS service. Even on Windows changing DNS servers can give you system a small boost.

As to thinking the Lindens work at 'breaking' things... voicing that opinion makes you look out of touch with reality. SL is an old software system that has been undergoing major revisions for a little over a year. It's like replacing a major in-service bridge. There will be traffic problems during construction. Not all the benefits will be seen until its done.

"...

maybe less time should be spent breaking existing products so a handful of newbs unwilling to learn how to use their inventory can find there new shoes

... "

-------------------------------------------------------------

So Linden Lab should spend more time appeasing a "handful or oldbies" on what is involved in making Second Life work at all?  It's easy to rant and run your mouth because you have a problem and because you have a problem it absolutely must be because the people who created the platform are idiots and morons..........they don't care about customer base.  They purposely break things just to keep that customer base all in an uproar.  I mean, afterall, it's such an "easy thing to fix my problem."

If you had a clue about what happens when you log into SL, you'd never make such a stupid statement as that.  If it was easy, there would be hundreds of virtual worlds just like SL.  If it was easy the Open Sim project would have buried SL years ago.  If it was easy platforms like Blue Mars would not have gone belly up.  You have a problem and that problem very likely originates at your end (your computer system or network) or within the Internet between your system and LL's system.  Linden Lab cannot fix your problems, your ISP's problems or problems that originate on the Internet.  Unexpected errors happen all the time............you see them when you are web surfing, you see them when you launch programs unrelated to the Internet.  Unexpected errors are just that.  Something went wrong and whatever it was you wanted to do failed.  Your job is figure out why and in that figuring out jumping to "easy solution" by blaming others will seldom fix your problem.  Do you blame your browser developer for every "unexpected error" you get when you are web surfing?  Do you blame your browwer developer for a 404 error?  Do accuse that developer of intentionally breaking things for you to make it easy for someone else?  Do you realize how stupid that sounds to anyone who does have a clue about how things work?

• Like 1

actually I have had my ISP check the connection, my packet loss is 0%, ping is well under 250ms, and received an A rating at Pingtest.net, and all other internet apps, browser etc. are not reporting any errors whatsoever and this has been a recurrent problem for the last 3 weeks, literally occuring everytime I try to upload an asset or save a script, sometimes 6 to 8 times before successfully uploading/saving

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4389 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.