DD Payment Failure NOT confined to Unicode Listings

Arwen Serpente

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4544 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

At this point, Direct Delivery purchases are getting hung up in "Being Delivered" and failing to pay Merchants even if they do NOT include any Unicode.

I now have 2 orders that were delivered and the customer was charged. However, my account has not been paid and the transactions are hanging in "Being Delivered".

At this point, it appears that any transaction is vulnerable to this bug.

New JIRA has been created. Please watch/vote.

https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/WEB-4596

Arwen Serpente wrote:

I am speechless that a JIRA that was not even 5 minutes old and had requested further info was just closed in a snap.

I'll be happy to close it when the payments show up.

Arwen, the JIRA Issue wasn't "closed" closed, it was "closed pending more info". It's an unfortunate situation but it's the way the JIRA system works. When an Issue is marked as "Needs more info" it is put into the Closed status. As soon as more info is provided, the Issue can be immediately reopened. That way if someone doesn't actually add more info, the Issue doesn't sit there open forever and ever.

It makes sense once you understand how the JIRA system works, but the first time it happens to you .. it's a bit shocking.

Arwen Serpente wrote:

[..] Please set to watch/vote if it is important to you.

And if you've got any orders that have suffered this "Delivery Pending" problem, be sure to add a comment with the Order Numbers that are affected so Support can track them down and investigate what might be causing them to get stuck.

(waves at Darrius LOL)

I just posted the Order # for the one order I have that is stuck, and in the process noticed something. That order has a total of 10 items on it. We know that if there is only one store on an order then the Status incorrectly reports "Delivery Partially Failed"; that's a form of an "Index Error". (Meaning they are counting one too many and using a non-existent item in the answer.)

It might be related to this in that if there are 10 items on an order, it's trying to count "one too many" and dying with an error because there is no 11th item/store.

Would y'all please check your orders that are stuck and see how many items are on each one .. pretty please? And also if you can, check and see if you have any 10-item orders that are NOT stuck.

This may turn into another one of my famous "Theories Shot to Smithereens" ... but y'never know!

TIA

Darrius, perhaps in some cases that might happen.

In my case, there are 2 separate orders. Each one is a single item in the cart. They are delivered, received, paid for by the shopper. The funds do not make it to my account, but instead get hung up in "Being Delivered".

As a point of reference, this same item has been on DD since last Friday and has sold successfully all the way through the transaction process, including funds being credited and appearing on my dashboard. Until last nite, then this situation began.

It is the same situation as Super's with the exception that I don't use Unicode.

Arwen Serpente wrote:

Darrius, perhaps in some cases that might happen.

In my case, there are 2 separate orders. Each one is a single item in the cart. They are delivered, received, paid for by the shopper. The funds do not make it to my account, but instead get hung up in "Being Delivered".

As a point of reference, this same item has been on DD since last Friday and has sold successfully all the way through the transaction process, including funds being credited and appearing on my dashboard. Until last nite, then this situation began.

It is the same situation as Super's with the exception that I don't use Unicode.

*sigh* So their "fix" was -i+u. Rats.

(stop and think about it for a minute .. it'll make sense)

Ok, some good news Everyone.

The 3 orders that I had stuck in "Being Delivered" have now completed. My account has received the funds. I am hoping that anyone else who has stuck orders will start to see the transactions complete.

So, clearly LL is working on these issues and trying to get them fixed. In this case, their efforts are succeeding.

For reference, this is in reference to:

Direct Delivery is hanging in "Being Delivered" rather than forwarding funds to Merchants even when the item has been paid for and received by the Customer. This is for NON-UNICODE Listings
https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/WEB-4596

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4544 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.