Do you care for non updated landmarks in your boxes?

Voodoo Schnyder

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4421 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

As a customer I don't care so much cause I already know how to find the right LM (current LM) by looking at creators' profile, but new people may be lost when they want to go to in-world store just to find those LM no use, so I'm trying to update the LMs when I move to a new place. I moved 3 times so far and now I shudder at the thought of the hassle of updating them!

If you want to promote your new place of business and not loose people to getting lost, loosing interest etc, then yes, you should likely at least up the landmarks in your top selling items. If possible, leaving a landmark giver at the landingspot of the old location would also be a neat idea.

This is exactly why I stopped putting land marks in my boxes, they are bound to be outdated at some point.
My account name will 'never':) be outdated so my in world shop is easily found by searching my account name.
Since my account name is also the creator name in all my items, it is always handy

Yeah, keep them up to date, or remove them.

I might follow a LM out of curiousity - without one I might follow the SLURL on a listing, or sometimes look at the creator profile, but once I did one of those, I need to have been suitably impressed to want to try a 2nd method. Sadly too many sellers on MP don't seem to care. You can choose whether you are associated with them or not

I'll say this succinctly though it might not come across as "friendly."

Have the complete SLURL on your listing so I can do a copy/paste into my viewer.  That way if I want to go see your product In World it's easy for me.  Don't make me jump through hoops to find your store.

Include your LM with the product and keep it up to date.  Yes you may move, but hopefully by that time I have learned enough about SL to search for your new location.  Seriously, how often do you move?

While i understand the desire for everyone trying to make things newb friendly, all things in SL have a learning curve.  I get the feeling sometimes we are over doing the newb friendly at the expense of other things.

Thanks

Perrie Juran wrote: 

Don't make me jump through hoops to find your store.

This!!

Perrie Juran wrote:

While i understand the desire for everyone trying to make things newb friendly, all things in SL have a learning curve.  I get the feeling sometimes we are over doing the newb friendly at the expense of other things.

And this!!!!

:)

i have something like 450 items on the MP. When i moved last year i had the same problem... I have decided there's no way i am going to waste couple of days updating LMs in all those boxes. I updated all the items rezzed in world and took care that every listing on MP does have an updated link to my new location in world (which you can do fairly simple batch editing hundred of listings at a time). Even if somebody was ever annoyed by it, i've never had any complaints about outdated LMs.

As a Merchant: It is very important to update at the very least have all your LMs posted on the MP so that if customers wish to buy inworld they can teleport without a hassle. I know I have been lazy to update my own listings and I should (and I don't even have many items!). LMs on boxes are important too but I do understand that if you have a lot of items it is tedious, however since the new DD is now in effect this should be much easier to do from now on since you don't need to box items.

As a customer: I only care about your SLURL in the MP so I can go to your store inworld with no hassle. Inworld LMs I do not care, I always delete LMs and don't ever save LMs to any single place, for me "search" works better and I don't clutter my inventory with junk. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4421 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.