Notice to other Merchants about DD conversion

Benski Trenkins

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4467 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello all,

I am simply posting this here, to let other Merchants be warned about this. So they don't go "what the..." like I did.

I just received an email that none of my items were listed and i could loose sales due to me deleting the magic boxes. It gave me an url in the email sending me to the old Xstreet site. 

Offcourse worried as I was, I went to the marketplace and discovered that everything was ok with the Direct Deliveries.

I asume this email is just a glitch, since all my products, converted to DD, are simply still available.

I am nearly placing this message to reduce any worries to fellow Merchants that might encounter such an email themselves.

Regards, Benski

That sounds like the SL Exchange folks alright. They were good about putting in "seat belt" code; stuff that would alert you if it detected a condition that might arise from an accidental change and would have a negative effect. There were a lot of little finesse details with that site that I really miss with the Marketplace. *sigh*

You must still have the same email address as you had when you were selling on SL Exchange and/or XStreet SL.

Some of my experiences today may me think the Marketplace team may have botched the job.

1: Order History is not making any distinction between Magic Box and Direct Delivery. I am not seeing the promised notification of which directory to check.

2: Transactions are being reported as completed which have not been. I don't know yet if this is happening with Direct Delivery as well as Magic Box

3: The Marketplace response times, on the web site, are incredibly extended. That isn't helping, but might not be anything the Lindens can deal with.

In conjuntion with that has already been said in this thread, I see a pattern of misunderstood communications processes. I hope I'm wrong, because the possibility that the Marketplace is being run on code which the Linders have hacked without a good understanding is, frankly, terrifying.

WolfBaginski Bearsfoot wrote:

2: Transactions are being reported as completed which have not been. I don't know yet if this is happening with Direct Delivery as well as Magic Box

Yikes! That's not good... are customers contacting you saying the stuff is not delivered?  >.<

• Resident

Greetings!

The old Xstreet SL web site is set up to remember that you have a Magic Box in world.

If you pick up your Magic Box the web site will see that it has lost communication with the box and will send out an email to you to let you know.

This can be resolved by going to your Magic Box Status Page and clicking the Remove Link located on the Magic Box entries in the Registered Columns Section of the page.

Once you have removed the Magic Boxes from that page, you can also click the Sync Marketplace to Magic Box button on your Manage Listings page and all of the Magic Box products that are showing in your Unassociated Inventory Section on that page will clear.

Hi CLT - you ought to to let folks know that they also may need to log  right out of the marketplace and then back in.

That was a piece of excellent advice I was given this morning when everything else I tried  failed - just visiting and deleting my boxes from the  old xstreet page then syncing and refreshing, as you suggest , does not work. Or least it didn't for most of the folks this morning.

It was only after I had done a full logout and then back in that the unassociated items dissapeared.

^L^

Josh,

If you've moved the contents of your Magic Boxes to Direct Delivery (by uploading them all using the Merchant Outbox) then you can pick up the Magic Boxes (Take into your inventory). You will need to visit the Magic Box Status page from the Merchant Home Page and "Force Remove" all of the boxes listed (they're called "Servers" on that page).

After the boxes are removed from In-World and removed from the Magic Box Status page .. then use the (infamous) "Sync Marketplace with Magic Boxes" button to teach the Marketplace that there are no more Magic Boxes belonging to you. It will then automatically remove any items it thinks are in those boxes.

But as long as it still thinks you have Magic Boxes, and as long as it still thinks there are products left in those Magic Boxes, it will not remove the items it thinks are in them.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4467 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.