Others only see me offline and dwarfed...I have tried everything!

Starlett Nightfire

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4437 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

For over a week now, others only see me offline and dwarfed, all I see is I'm a cloud. I've done clean installs, reset the cable modem, reboot the modem and pc multiple times, relogged into SL even more.  I'm still a cloud, as well as offline and a midget to others.  I have done everything I was told to do, down to resetting modem by calling cable company.  I'm at a loss.  SL says it is connection issue, cable company says it is the server at Second Life.  

Can Linden Labs reset an avatar and/or account?  Please help me to be visible and reachable.  My cable company says my connection is all good from their view.   I'm a business woman in sl, and this has crippled my work.  =(((   I need to be available,   Thank you.

4 answers to this question

I understand your despair, Starlett. Please read carefully the instructions in these two links. Try the tips one by one until you get a result. I hope this helps. :smileyhappy:

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Troubleshooting-avatar-appearance/ta-p/1256955

The following is from the Phoenix team but applies to all viewers:

http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/doku.php?id=bake_fail

• Like 1

It sounds very much like a connection problem.  Bake fail is a symptom, but you won;t get a permanent cure unless the connection issue is solved.  The trick is in finding out where the problem is.  It's usually close to home --- your home -- but copuld be farther out.  Take a very good look through Nalates's blog >>> http://blog.nalates.net/2011/10/26/troubleshoot-your-sl-connection/  to see the steps you need to take to narrow it down.

Rolig is probably right. A connection issue is likely.

You can try the old standby quick fixes for avatar rez problems:

1. Change your active group or group tag.
  2. Press rebake (Ctrl-Alt-R) once a minute for 3 minutes.
  3. Change your bald - which it sounds like you have done.
  4. Change your shape - which may have tried.
  5. Move to another region and try 1 to 4 again.

There is a long list of things to try at: Avatar Render Problems: Ghost Cloud Smoke Ball Ruth

It really does sound like an issue with your connection, as others have said, and in spite of what your cable company says.  My cable company tells me I have 20K broadband speed - which I do, but only when everyone else has gone to bed/work/school and I have the connecton more or less to myself. Your problems sound like they are possibly/probably caused by fluctuations/brief disconnections.

If you really believe you have tried everything, and to be absolutely reassured, you would have to contact Linden Lab's Support team. 

Contact Support via the "Help" button at the top of this screen, then read the right hand side for your options to submit a support ticket.

Good luck, and please do return to this thread and add information on what fixed you - it will be helpful to others experiencing similar problems.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4437 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.