Making goo come out of the tip of a flexi cone.

Lilgirlreborn Thor

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4451 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have a nice goo script I would love to use to make a cone that is wriggling seem like its dripping goo. But the script always seems to come out the big end of the cone which is near my body. I want it at the smaller end of the tip. like water drops dripping from the end of a flexible hose. anyone know how I can do this. thank you if it indeed is possible.

As Qwalyphi says, there's no way to 'track' the tip of a flexible prim. Flexible shapes are determined by each viewer that can see the object, so they can look radically different to different residents (most of these differences are based on residents graphics settings).

Making particles emit from the tip is... unlikely to be practical using this method. A better approach is to use non-flexible sculpts (possibly with animation) or mesh (trickier to animate, but less 'blocky' and higher detail).

I don't think that will work because this is a flexible prim, and the particle is supposed to emit from the flexible end. Regardless of how it's sliced, the (particle-emitting) origin of a flexible prim is always the non-flexing end, as far as I know.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4451 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.