How do you deal with trolls on Second Life?

HenryCrawford

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2806 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello everyone. I would like to file a complaint about a couple of trolls, but I am not sure how to do this. Therefore, I am posting this question for everyone to see.

Now here's the issue...Earlier today, I was bothered by two young men in Second Life who claimed to be Vampires. They wanted me to let them 'bite me' but I was not interested and they somehow froze me in place with odd blue particles. They demanded to let me bite them or else and said they were from a group called Bloodlines. When I refused to do as they demanded, they somehow teleported me to a strange city using some kind of neon cyan pentagram animation.

I did not want to find out what might happen next, so I teleported out of the city and told the Dead End group chat about the problem. They promptly banned the two trolls from their parcel. But now I fear they will come to my house and try the same old tricks with me again and maybe some new ones. This is why I want to deal with them now before things get really ugly.

IMPORTANT NOTE: These two trolls were trying to force me into allowing them to do something to my avatar on the ground of an official role playing group on Second Life. Can these people be banned from SL for their actions?

Also, how were these two people able to freeze my avatar and then teleport him?

• Like 1

6 answers to this question

Please remove that conversation from your post as you are in direct violation of the TOS as well as the forum community guidelines.

ETA: Thanks you for removing that.  You should file an Abuse Report on each individual using the Help - Report Abuse. 

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Filing-an-abuse-report/ta-p/700065

--Cinn

• Like 1

You can certainly file an Abuse Report.  The best time to have done it, of course, would have been while you were actually being griefed.  That way you could have taken photos, saved a chat log, and included all of that direct evidence in your report.  The less evidence LL has to work with, the less likely it is that  they can do anything about the problem.  I know that's easier said than done, though.  In the heat of the moment it's hardto remember to start snapping photos.  So do your best.   If there's a next time, though, keep your cool.   You cannot be physically harmed in SL, no matter how scary the incident, so you have plenty of time to gather evidence and then TP away or log out.

• Like 2

You can report them for harassment, most definitely. Ban them from your land, as well, so they can't come to your house. And mute them. There's no way to keep them from running into you in another location at another time, unfortunately. If you have their names, check their profiles. See if you can find the name of their clan, and let the clan leader know what happened. Some clans do not care what their members do, but many clans care because if the clan gets a bad name in the Bloodlines community, they could find themselves blacklisted from Bloodlines-related locations, as well as possibly have trouble getting and keeping members (which is how you advance in Bloodlines - getting more people in your clan). If the clan leader has a problem with their behavior, he or she can remove them from the clan, which may be a deterrant for them or may not.

• Like 1

Fine technical point:  These are "griefers", not trolls.  But that hardly matters.

Yes, Abuse Report them for harrassment (in world, Help Menu, Report Abuse)

Mute them, too.  Call up their profiles and choose Block.

Ban them from your land parcel (About Land/Access)

Bloodlines is not an "official roleplaying game", and no one has grounds to harrass anyone else on the basis that "we were only roleplaying."  No one has a right to force their roleplay on those who don't wish to participate.

I'm not sure how they did all that to you, but in the future if things look like you are about to be attacked, sit on some object.  That will protect you against most forms of attack.

Don't do what I do. I encounter "griefers" or basically trolls as I've always called them

(I put Mitte Troglodytae Ad Inferos for the I Want To: section of my interests so it matches, it's Latin for Send Trolls To Hell)

on an almost daily basis and I grief them back by using my Phoenix Viewer radar to teleport directly next to them and ground-sit, effectively keeping me in place allowing me to grief them with words. If they move I just keep teleporting directly next to them and ground-sitting. Again DO NOT do what I do. I don't report because I feel it looks bad on my part, and I never get what I want from reporting.

Maybe I'm being superstitious it's still the best thing you can do, because the trolls I encounter leave behind a BUNCH of lag (AKA something about what's happening around me that slows down my computer)

after they go to a different sim or log off when I'm done with them.

Point: Don't grief them back, reporting them is the best thing you can do.

My complaint is about the constant attacks we had on Tropicana habana salsa by a person with the name of the avatar Ðɨǟɮʟɨȶŏ Ðɨǟɮʟɨȶŏ (morenoojosverdes), it should be noted that we have had constant threats from this person in an open, provocative way along with scams and insults , Also this character has already been banned with different accounts by LINDEN LAB, for example this account đї ЪľїŧŏαЪľїŧŏ (djtalzoul) another of his avatars is Resident DjTalzoull therefore we know that this person attacks different sims, and asks for money not to stop , And this is called extortion, and in turn it becomes cyber fraud, which by American laws is already punishable.

We feel unprotected by LINDEN LAB, since you can directly ban the IP, and according to the very rules of linden lab, one of the prohibitions that you have are this kind of attacks.

Also keep in mind that the money that we leave every day to linden lab, and as payments of land and all the expenses that generate this game, it is annoying that we do not have the support of you and do something against these irrational people that causes disturbances.

So we ask for a prompt response to this type of situation, and do something against this person, because it is not the first time that it attacks, it is not the first time that linden lab bans it and it just makes fun of you !!
The whole community of clubs and discotheques, we are organizing, in conjunction with a buffet of US lawyers to carry out a formal class-action suit before courts if necessary, since this type of acts are disturbing traffic, breaking computers due to such strong attacks, money is being lost because they are removing the stores of the sims for such attacks, and harming the welfare and fun of those who enter second life.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2806 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.