My roommate would like to create a secondlife account using my computer. Legal?

DemonicLust

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4438 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

So my roommate is wanting to make a second life account, but she will be using my computer. Though she will be using her own email address of course. I know some websites don't allow that, so i was wondering.

Would she be able to make an account without the two of us getting in trouble?

And also, would we be able to legally send each other items and/or L$?

3 answers to this question

You can certainly have two accounts on the same computer.  After all, that's what happens when any of us has an alt.  The only real problem will be that you can't both be in world at the same time because you only have one keyboard.  Be careful to have your cahce in separate locations so that there's no chance that your image files and user preferences will get scrambled.  Otherwise, you shouldn't have any troubles.

• Like 2

If you are happy for your room mate to share your computer, and you trust that she won't do anything against the Terms of Service that might end up with you getting IP banned, then I can see no problem at all.

You can also pass transferable objects between avatars, and send L$.

Officially, you can have up to five avatars/accounts per household.

Just remember to untick the box on the log in screen that remembers password details. 

• Like 2

You can do this, and it's perfectly legal.  However, is it SAFE?

Yes...but use some common sense.  No matter how good a friend your roommate is, do the following.

1.  NEVER share your SL passwords.

2.  Do NOT check the box on the login screen "remember my password", or "remember me on this computer" for this website.  Always enter your passwords by hand.

3.  Have different user accounts on your computer for you and your roommate.  Password protect them and don't share those passwords.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4438 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.