Could we please have a sticky reminding people to check the knowlegebase and the Wiki?

Lindal Kidd

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4424 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

The helpers here are incredibly patient souls!  But the SAME questions get asked here, over and over again.  Most of the answers are simple links to things that the poster could have easily found themselves.  Could we please have a sticky or something similar in a prominent place reminding people to check the Knowledgebase and the Wiki BEFORE posting?

Haha..........leave to Knowle :)

However, I'm with Lindal plus I would really like to see something that tells the posters of technical questions that anyone who wants to help or can help does not have access to the computers the people who want or need help are using.  A clear discription of the problem along with any error messages are absolutely necessary for even the most basic suggestion.  Computer specifications are also paramount for any edutcated guess as what the problem might be.

"My SL don't work, why?" is just not enough.

People are also confused about where to post. We get questions here that are very similar to ones that are posted in the technology forum, and a lot get posted in General Discussion too.  Some of the "how to" questions that we get should really be in one of the Creation forums, but then the Creation forums have their own problems to deal with. People keep posting "I need to find a script ..." or " Does anyone have a texture....?" there instead of posting in Wanted.  I'm not sure that stickies would make any difference, unfortunately, because the people who really need the stickies don't read. (Can't write either, but that's another issue.)  I guess what I'd really like is more room to create macros.  The nine that I use most often are handy, and I'd use more if I could store them.

We suggested over and over and over and over again that the information in this thread be stickied:

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/General-Discussion-Forum/Official-Resources/td-p/1212519

I also tried starting a thread to collate the frequently asked questions but it sadly received no responses.

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/General-Discussion-Forum/Frequently-Asked-Questions-And-Official-Resources-A-Survey/m-p/1372395#M49800

All we have is a lame sticky on how to contact support, support which is not geared to answer the questions people come to the forums to ask.  I will give that we don't know how many people click through that to get to support, but I'd be skeptical if many got their answers that way or else they wouldn't still be posting their questions here.

• 3 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4424 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.