Down Again

Anaiya Arnold

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4447 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

The state of MP is just rediculously unstable and in such a mess.

And we get no real value information or communications from LL at all.  Just like last week's Valentines Day massacre where to date LL has not explained exactly what could cause MP to crash so hard nor any answers of exactly what they will do to make it more reliable.

Clearly from today's outage - they have done NOTHING.

again... where is Sr. LL Management to step up and explain LL's horrendous level of service from a Commerce Team that over the year clearly has shown they are completely out of control and over their heads.

Well one week ago the next large Downtime there. Great!

MP is the last weeks only good for another "Search-Part" and not longer good for Customer or Merchants.

Sell or purchase? Better ingame and can it be that LL do all for it, that we Merchants must go this way? Sorry - but for me - it seems so.

Thanks LL!

>We are aware that the Second Life Marketplace is currently offline and we are working to resolve the issue. 

If they're not working to decide who to fire, anything else is probably just a huge waste of time. 

For what they've lost this year in total value to SL due to Marketplace failures, it would be hard for me to think it wouldn't have been cheaper to both buy better hardware and hire someone who knows how to make use of the ways in which it is better. 

When the Marketplace is down, they don't just lose commissions. They lose supply chain flow to in-world content that would otherwise be producing value to users. And they lose the trust of merchants who might otherwise buy more listing enhancements and in various other ways more greatly invest in the process. 

Other than Malefactor Linden, and anyone else who is getting paid to do something appreciably different from what they are supposed be getting paid to do, who is winning today, so far?

Anaiya Arnold wrote:

Is this to be a new weekly occurence?

Posted by Status Desk on February 21st, 2012 at 04:58 pm PST

[postED 5:00PM PST, 21 February 2012] We are aware that the Second Life Marketplace is currently offline and we are working to resolve the issue. Please watch this blog for further updates.

So will this be your weekly post?

Ho-hum.

How very humble and not the least bit conceited, bossy and drama-provoking of you Bettty.  The fact that you say you come in peace with your snide tone and disrespectful "shut ups" is of course much more important than the inflammatory nature of telling others to "shut up" on a forum they've every right to post on.

Betty Briand wrote:

Oh shut it lol...

Instead of complaining what you have lost ... what have you gained the other .. god 95%? when the marketplace was up and running?

I wanna see you sell your creations without second life josh ;p

I come in peace - but honestly, want some cheese?

Wow.  For any person on this forum to tell another to shut up is ridiculous.  Josh has just as much right to post here (and probably more) than you do, Betty.  Rude, inconsiderate and condescending posts make you look like nothing more than a "B."  It also negates anything meaningful you might say later in the post.  Good job!

I complain because it's just ridiculous that we're at the very dawn of a new technology that could easily some day change many of the ways even most people live their day-to-day lives, and the process is being gradually sapped of its vitality by some flaky hippie who a few people here seem to think could do no wrong if he burned down the whole city of SF.

My great-great grandchildren already deserve better than to allow these kinds of precedents to be set in tems of what users should tolerate.

I guess there will always be Linden Lab apologists and fanboys/girls who can't see the big picture as you just described, Josh.  I see the commerce team screw things up royally all the time and personally...I'm sick of it.  I may be small potatos when it comes to sales, but I like my small potatos and when somebody at the Lab does something that f's with it, I'm not so quick to forgive and forget.

Let's fix it, people!!  And I mean right NOW!

Oh, and seriously...one of the ways to fix and also to prevent occurances such as the Valentine's Day Massacre...fire the person who caused it! 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4447 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.