Banning a good customer

Madeliefste Oh

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4493 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Nataly Moonwall wrote:

If you call "idiots"
those who

do not have the

same opinion

than yours  i understand what you meant about dumb people...Come on guys, i just said that it's not so hard to recognize some copybotted stuff:smileyvery-happy:

That's not what I said at all. Read it again.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nor is it anything like what I said.  I haven't seen anyone say that you cannot use any method you want to use to determine what is copied content.  All I've seen is people telling you that your method is flawed and unreliable.  And my only objection to  what you are saying is that you seem to think it's perfectly okay to inform others (besides and beyond the original creator of you suspicions) about someone you have found in possession of that "stolen" content.  And that was the only reason I even posted my very first response to this thread.........OP had banned a good customer using a list compiled or made by a group using methods either just like you or some other method. 

And dispite numeroust attempts to clarify you just don't seem to understand.  It's not good business and, I personally, would never do business with someone who uses such methods.  The OP has said she has revised her methods so that is a good thing (I also mentioned that somewhere in this huge mess of a thread).  You, evidently, have not....hence my continued objections.  Not at all unlike real life, you cannot say that anyone in possession of stolen items is guilty of stealing the items (not until some unbiased and impartial judgement has been made using solid, reliable methods.

Talking to a rock...what i said:

"... i'm just saying that i can recognize easily some copybotteD items by inspecting (note difference between copybotteD and copybotteR"

Please, quote where i said that i agree about to inform others (beyond the original creator of the stolen items). BTW read Pussycat last post, she was able to recognize a copybotted item by common sense,inspect tool and some research. I'm not talking about RZ,compiling list, or "spread the word". So please, leave this way...

About the silly comparison with RL, while you are not able to understand that items in SL can be inspected and reported if are recognized like copybotted, you are not able to understand the whole pointt. Let's LL decide if the reported avi it's the botter or not,ok? Thanks 

Anaiya Arnold wrote:

There's more than one.  Also many kit sellers put an example in their kits and their buyer's can choose to copy this prim by prim manually, or they can use a handy dandy script of some kind to do the work for them.

Yes, I agree.  That's why i think that looking at prim creation time is not a reliable indicator.

I'm not going to worry about it.  I think I want to spend my time having fun building.

Cheers

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4493 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.