I do not want to see other avatars ...

Belliosa Giano

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4618 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

7 answers to this question

As far as I know...no you can't turn it off to see others. And I wonder why anybody would like to do that. If you want to be alone go somewhere where nobody else is. If you don't like to see other people, then don't join a virtual world whichs biggest part is to get in contact with others.

I don't really get the point of it....maybe you can explain the reason why you don't want to see other and we can find a better solution?

Hello Belliosa and welcome to SL Forums. It is no possible when you are in public places. The only you can do is when for example you teach into a classroom to use an option under "About Land" window --> Options --> Avatars on other parcels can see and chat with avatars on this parcel. Disable this option.

Second Life is a very educational place.  However, as an educator and a responsible adult, you should be aware of the fact that NO ONE UNDER 16 IS ALLOWED IN SECOND LIFE!  That means your class full of kids, whether they have avatars of their own in world or are just looking over your shoulder at the monitor in your classroom.

The only exception to that is for supervised situations, in which an organization can get approval by Linden Lab to bring people as young as 13 into Second Life, but ONLY on a designated and isolated region.  You can't go "touring historic places".

If you are on the main grid, you ARE going to see scantily-clad avatars and bizarre avatars.  They are adults and have a right to be there and to appear as they please, subject to the region's Maturity Rating and the Second Life Terms of Service and Community Standards.  Your kids don't have that right, sorry.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4618 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.