My Avatar won't allow me to edit my appearance.

Lhune Cisse

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4047 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

When I logged in today, my avatar wouldn't load correctly.  It won't allow me to edit my appearence, change my skin, or change any clothes/tattoo's I have.  Attachments work fine, but it won't load anything on my avatar's body.  The error SL gives me when I try to change anything:  "Can't change appearance until clothing and shape are loaded."  I left my window open for ten minutes, and it never loaded.

EDIT:  Logging into a quiet region did not solve the problem :(

EDITEDIT:  I cleared my cache, and my inventory cache as well.  Logged into a quiet region, fetched my inventory, and still I have the same problem.  I think I know what might be causing the problem.  I have a hair syle worn called RuthHairFix, though I don't remember ever using it.  It's the only thing that my AV is using at the moment, and nothing that I was wearing when I logged out is active anymore.  Not sure where it came from. 

6 answers to this question

Carry out a character test, and then try again to drag your skin, shape, etc., over to your avatar.

If this doesn't work, then you will have to clear your cache, close the viewer, log back into the quiet location everyone has already mentioned - Furball, Quarrel, Chalvez, Pooley, Smith, all good sims to use - open your inventory and wait. It can take 5 - 30 minutes for your inventory to load fully, but it will load.  

• Like 2

Re: editedit

The RuthHairFix item in your inventory probably has been passed to you at some stage in a group chat; I'd hazard a guess the Phoenix/Firestorm Viewer Support group chat.  Often this dragged across to your avatar can help you bake, especially if parts of your body have seemed invisible.

Strange and seemingly illogical things seem to happen in SL don't they?  And what works one week for a particular issue, sometimes doesn't work the following week. 

Hello,

I am having the same problem as the person who originally posted this.  i have tried everything she tried plus I have tried everything the suggestions.  I have cleared the cache, I have gone to a queit sim and waited for my inventory to load, I have trired replacing the ruth skin with a different one (it wont let me) all to no avail...I still look like an idiot.  My attachments are there, but nothing else.  Any ideas how to fix this??

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4047 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.