Is my account screwed?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4468 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have this problem..

[POSTED 10:03AM 28 January 2012] We are aware that some residents are experiencing log in issues caused by a stuck presence from their previous log out from Second Life. This problem can usually be cleared by logging into a different region by following these steps.

http://status.secondlifegrid.net/2012/01/28/post1553/

You must be premium to submit a ticket.. So is my Secondlife account screwed? :/

I been around for a while and this hasnt happened before.. and if i can't contact LL.. i dont know what to do. :/

if the ghosting problem that had been irradicated has come back :matte-motes-dont-cry: the solution that used to work for me back in the day was to change log in location and repeatedly attempt to log in there would be a short window every 15 minutes that would allow a successful log in then once logged tp to where you ghosted

Carl Thibodeaux wrote:

If you are still unable to log in
, premium and Concierge Residents may contact customer support via live chat, support cases (tickets), or telephone.  Basic customers may file a support case.

Support Case? But thats going to take months to years to do probably.

Not necessarily, they are already rolling out a fix this week.

Most of the support cases I have submitted have been resolved within days.

Months to years? You may be thinking Jiras, even those can be resolved quickly if you want them to.

"...

Support Case? But thats going to take months to years to do probably."

------------------------------------------------------

That's not true.  Just follow the directions given on the grid status site.

http://status.secondlifegrid.net/

------------------------------------------------------

Stuck Presence Issue

Posted by Status Desk on January 28th, 2012 at 10:15 am PST

[postED 10:03AM 28 January 2012] We are aware that some residents are experiencing log in  issues caused by a stuck presence from their previous log out from Second Life. This problem can usually be cleared by logging into a different region by following these steps: 

1. Open Second Life Preferences to the General tab and check the box ‘Show at Log in’ for the start location options to appear on the log in screen. 2. Using the drop down menu to the right of the Log In button on the Log in Screen, change the drop down to ‘Type region name’ and type in another region such as the region [Lime] 3. Click Log In.

If this does not allow you to log in please submit a Support case using Technical Questions > Second Life Viewer Login Issues for assistance. The cause of this issue is currently under investigation.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

They even tell you want to file the ticket under.  Premium or basic........it's the same (no mention of Premium will take preference or that Basic will be last served.

For normal support Premium members do have preference.....and that is how it should be.  But this a special problem that LL is working on.  They are not just working to fix it for Premium members.  People say this all the time........mostly basics and I don't know why it should be any different here than most other for profit companies.  The people who pay some form of monthly fee should have preference over someone who occassionally buys some Lindens (and often parlays those Lindens into a profit and promptly cash out all the their overhead costs........there is no problem with people doing that but there is a problem when they whine that "the Premiums get all the support and I don't".  The only advantage a Premium has for support is that they get in front of the non-premium members for most (but not all) problems.

Claireschen Hesten wrote:

if the ghosting problem that had been irradicated has come back :matte-motes-dont-cry: the solution that used to work for me back in the day was to change log in location and repeatedly attempt to log in there would be a short window every 15 minutes that would allow a successful log in then once logged tp to where you ghosted

This solution has worked for me and many others. I posted this in two other threads recently...

I had the same problem the other day. I tried all the non support ticket suggestions and nothing worked until I followed this advice: Avatar Ghost Exorcism

http://virtualoutworlding.blogspot.com/2010/09/ghosted-avatar-and-exorcism.html

Log on with a destination other than where your avatar in ghosted....

Logon as usual.  You will probably get the usual message.  But, according to the information in the blogs, the ghosted avatars go off-line for a minute every 14 minutes.  During that time you can log on.  So if you keep trying to log on, you should succeed within 14 minutes. 

When you are logged in, go to the location of your doppelganger. The system will detect the anomaly and resolve the issue.

good luck!

Champie Jack wrote:

Log on with a destination other than where your avatar in ghosted....

Logon as usual.  You will probably get the usual message.  But, according to the information in the blogs, the ghosted avatars go off-line for a minute every 14 minutes.  During that time you can log on.  So if you keep trying to log on, you should succeed within 14 minutes. 

When you are logged in, go to the location of your doppelganger. The system will detect the anomaly and resolve the issue.

good luck!

I can testify that this has worked for me, once when my avatar was ghosted. It was quite funny actually. I logged in with my alt. I TPed the alt where my main avatar was ghosted. Then I repeatedly and persistently tried to login my main avatar to different location. Finally after tens of tries my main was logged in. Yay!

After I had succesfully logged in, my alt could still see my ghosted avatar next to her. I TPed with my main avatar to the same sim where my main avatar's ghost was.  With my main avatar I started to walk towards my alt. As I approached near I could see my alt standing there. I stood close to my alt for a while. Then I checked what my alt's viewer sees. Pooff, my ghosted main avatar had vanished and my alt saw now the actual main avatar. Wow! That was frustrating, but also funny experience.

PS

Actually the alt is not needed in this process. I was just interested to see what the alt sees when my main avatar goes to the ghosted avatar location.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4468 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.