Is there a new type of griefer HUD out there?

Gena Guisse

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3126 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Last night a person showed up on mine and my husbands land that we own and have all rights to. After some verbal abuse and muting him, this person tpd in 2 of his alts. My husband ejected and banned all 3 avatars yet they where still standing on the land and walking around...the names where even on the ban list. They left when they got bored. Is there a new type of griefing HUD that prevents people from being ejected and banned?

It's probably nothing new.  There are several ways for an avatar to appear to be walking around on one parcel when they are actually on another as far as the sim knows.

If you change the land setting to disable cross-parcel visibility, it should make them disappear (and make everyone on your parcel invisible from outside the parcel).  

You can also use the minimap to see where the sim thinks the avatars are, which may be very far from where they appear to be.

Actually, no. I have ejected/banned avatars from my skybox - what ARE nosey avatars doing flying over 3500m?! lol - without any problems.  That said, there was one time a avatar did tp to my parcel and at first eject did not work; I had to try it about 4 times before they were ejected, but I suspect they were using some trick or griefer aid.

As far as the OP is concerned, perhaps they need a good security orb?   

@sigren

Fair enough.

I know exactly what a pair of nosey avatars were doing when I couldn't eject them at over 4000m. They were up there to examine my bots :) The first eject of one of them seemed to work perfectly, but he came back and I couldn't eject either of them after that, and i did try several times. Perhaps I didn't try enough times. It was that experience, plus something someone said afterwards, that led me to think that eject only works up to a certain height.

Hello Gena. As you said you and your husband you have all rights there. Did you try to kick out the resident(s) from the Region/Estate window? If so, normally avatars TP back to their home location (no to the corner of the region, neigher on the sky) and if you add them same time in the Estate Banned Residents list, they won't be able again to come back.

• 3 years later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3126 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.