can you all add some fish sharks etc. to the waters in second life i think mayb sum scuba adventures

thunderbear80

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4456 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

8 answers to this question

You can put whatever fishes, sharks or any water creature in the water as long as they are within the limits of your property. If you need more sea (and if you have the terraforming rights on the land), you can lower the terrain (using the building tools such as the bulldozer) so you have more water and less land to create a submarine landscape.

Land is designed by the owner. Many Sims do have fish, dolphins, sharks and much more aquatic life. If you own land you can "create" sharks yourself, if you learn a few building techniques. But if it is just places you would like to visit to Scuba Dive, then you can start by doing a "search" for related places by using the "search" tab in your viewer, :D.

You would need to buy or make the fish and add them to land that you own.

Fish and other aquatic life are added by three primary methods.

The most simple method is a rotating prim, or linkset of prims, that has the fish on a transparent background, and the fish appear to swim in a circle at a fixed speed, based on the center of rotation for that linkset. That takes 1 or more prims per grouping of fish, generally.

The next method is a particle 'fish spawner', such as a piece of seaweed that generates a fixed image of fish on particles, and produces those particles at intervals. The particle fish move around ar random in the area of the spawning prim, and may or may not count as prims used on the parcel (they don't if they are spawned as temp prims, and last one minute).

In both of the above cases, the fish move around, but don't animate very well to make them wiggle like they are swimming. In the first method, the prim the fish are on can be flexi, making them wiggle a little. In terms of script load, thse methods are very lightweight - just a simple rotation script.

The most advanced method is to make a prim fish (or sculpty or mesh) and script it to swim in an area and interact with the environment. For example, I bought some koi fish for a pond, that had an associated 'fish feeder' and an anchor point to set their limits. I placed the invisible anchor point on the pond's surface, set a limit range, and the fish would swim in the pond, within that limited X and Y range, and limited at the top by the height of the limiting prim, and at the bottom by the terrain surface that formed the bottom of the pond. Using the feeder to toss fish food into the water made them swin to the food and appear to eat it. It was nicely interactive and rather entertaining. The same maker also had ducks and other waterfoul that worked similarly. How many prims and how much script activity that takes depends on how complicated their design is. It could get quite prim and script heavy.

That last method could be used to make sharks that could attack swimmers, I suppose. I have seen prim dogs that attack on land, so attack fish should work the same.

thunderbear80 wrote:

can you all add some fish sharks etc. to the waters in second life i think mayb sum scuba adventures

Welcome to Second Life Answers, thunderbear80

Already there are some marvellous oceans to explore, either by boat, or by swimming, or scuba diving.  You might want to take a look at the following sims to start with:

http://slurl.com/secondlife/Nautilus%20-%20Sicorathi/52/246/14

nautilus - sicorathi.jpg

http://slurl.com/secondlife/Nautilus%20-%20Byth/102/179/23

nautilus - byth.jpg

http://slurl.com/secondlife/Ahab%27s%20Haunt/163/76/13

AHAB

http://slurl.com/secondlife/Blake%20Sea%20-%20Sirens%20Isle/113/167/3

blake sea - siren

Be careful you don't scrape your knees on those corals though :matte-motes-wink:

yes you certainly can make sharks etc.

If you check any of those suggested sims, you'll notice all fish etc go around in circles.

This is because they are prim based creations, scripted to rotate around an invisible prim at the centre of the creatures orbit. Really quite simple to set up, or I'm sure you could buy also from the marketplace or inworld if you can't be assed making them yourself :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4456 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.