Ballroom dancing gowns?

Myth Valeska

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4377 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I love ballroom dancing and I was wondering if anyone had any favorite designers for ballroom gowns that they would like to recommend? I'm not looking for anything super ornate, I tend to like clean,simple lines. I would love a nice flowy skirt on it! Thanks for any suggestions!

Depends on your budget and style. AlaFolie has beautiful but expensive gowns that move wonderfully. Shiki has more of a sleek, island feel to a lot of their dresses. They can be expensive but they have great group gifts. L.C. Fashions at D & L Ballroom has nice dresses, including some incredible bargains in their outlet area. I"ve won "Best Formalwear" contests with L$10 dresses from L.C.

First, I recommend locating the dance "dream-dance", which is often in free packs, for testing gowns. It can show you very nicely how a gown will flow.

Some of my favorite makers, besides those mentioned, are Sascha's, Glitterati by Sapphire (on both of those I tend to choose the slim skirt options but they both give you several choices), Designing Nicky Ree, Agnes Finney, Entre Mares, Morea, Snowpaw, Miamai, Gizza, Badoura, SYSY, Mona Lisa Couture, Orquidae, Aleida, Beningborough, Lois Allen, sf design, and so many more. Really, I think this is one of the largest categories of SL shopping.

Try Marketplace! Or join the groups and get the group gifts, they are very generous with them, and some have the gifts available in-store for a year or two or several years back.

Another thing you can do is go to any major ballroom and look around outside. Almost all of them have a shopping district around them, and you'll find small outlets for major shops there.

Barbara

Right now Agnes Finney has some 10L dresses and gowns for Christmas and New Year's. No telling how much longer they will stay up. There is also a red gift near this display that is 10L. I don't know what is in it.

http://slurl.com/secondlife/Agnes%20Finney/199/159/25

And if you join their VIP group (cost 100L to join that group, one-time fee) you get even better freebies including all the past gown freebies. I couldn't get the group join sign to work but maybe you can.

Agnes Finney Dresses sm.png

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

You must see the gowns from *** AMY FASHION ***, designer is Cindy West. Are exactly what you are looking. I work there, so I am sure. Also, they have a promo, if you buy 2 things, the 3 one is free. If you buy more, more things you will have for free. I think is a good deal. This is my opinion, is better to take a look to see yourself.

http://slurl.com/secondlife/Shopping/33/153/37

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4377 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.