Why don't I have the ability to teleport and the private chat box that everyone has?

crsimmons

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4497 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

5 answers to this question

Unless you count clicking on a SLURL, the ability to teleport has very little to do with instant messaging, so you don't need one function to do the other.  You can teleport by

1. opening your map view, selecting a target location on a sim, and clicking Teleport

2. clicking on a Landmark and then on its Teleport button

3. opening the Destinations panel and selecting a point of interest, then clicking its Teleport button

4. receiving a teleport invitation from a friend who is already at a target destination

5. clicking on a scripted object that uses one of several different LSL functions for teleporting

As for IM, you can send a message by

1. right clicking on a person and selecting IM

2. opening a person's profile (in Search) and clicking on IM

3. opening your People panel and double clicking on the name of a nearby person or someone in your friends list

I know I have left out options for both IM and teleporting, but those should get you started.

I use the World Map when in SL. At the top of this page is a Link to a map that is similar to the Inworld map. I locate a Region by name or by scrolling and browsing the map, point with the cursor and double click on the map.

If the Region is a Private Region, or if the Region does not match my Maturity Settings, I may not be allowed to teleport to that location.

If the land is Owned by a SL Group, you may have to Join the Group to enter the land.

If you're have Technical issues, try clearing your Cache, update the drivers on your Graphics Card, un-install / re-install the Viewer. Update the Viewer or roll-back to a version that did work.

Hello crsimmons. This is the 3rd thread you create for the same cause. For others here:

1rst one: http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Technical/Why-cant-I-see-my-Avatar-and-I-have-no-private-chat-or-movement/qaq-p/1194097

2nd one: http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Avatar/I-don-t-have-a-private-chat-devise-or-a-way-to-teletport-Help/qaq-p/1218381

I am not sure that you read the answers in your previous threads. Hope to read Rolig's and Knowl's new ones now. We don't know even which viewer you use, something about your system's specs, or for your connectivity. What happens when you try to open an instant message? What happens when someone else tries to open you an instant message? What you have tried so far, reading the previous suggestions? Do you crash during teleporting, you see nowhere teleport buttons or you click teleport and nothing happens?

1. Please don't post multiples of the same issue. It's frustrating to other forum users, and a bit spammy.

2. You won't get anywhere here by threatening to leave SL, or with "give me" posts. Here in the answers forum, we are all just users, like you. The Lindens do not give support in the forums; certainly not in the answers forum. It's resident-to-resident.

3. Are you using the official viewer? If so, are logged in to advanced mode? Basic mode restricts your teleporting abilities.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4497 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.