Privately Changing Clothes

newsue

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3268 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Madelaine McMasters wrote:

newsue wrote:

I  know SL is make believe and perhaps I'm being silly here but I do tend to go somewhere private when I am trying on different items of clothing' less likely to get a silly chat up as well :womanfrustrated:

Do other readers do the same or am I going too far..

Sue

Welcome to the forums, Sue!

As for "silly chat ups", aren't those the best kind?

Thank you, everyone is so helpful.

I suppose you are right re the chat ups, rebuffs are much easier in SL, teleport is great :matte-motes-grin:

Sue

Pussycat Catnap wrote:

I'll have to look in to skyboxes and pose stands in the sky as I have no idea as yet how to use either.

Sue

That's all about owning or renting land. Once a plot's in your name, you can controll who has access to it. Good for setting up a barbie-dressup-stand in the sky, or even rezzing a barbie house, that swag pink car, and inviting Ken over to play with the new lovegen bed...
:D

Getting more and more interesting all the time..:smileylol:

Sue

What keeps me away from changing clothes at the dancefloor is mostly that it is not helpfull for the new stuff to rezz. Standing naked, grey or with a couple grey balls around my body is not so fun :matte-motes-impatient:

Other thing is, some people really can't resist to coment on changing outfits if they think I caugth a single spot of skin (or fur) which was not covered fast enough.

I always have treied to find a private place to change.

When I first arrived in SL, the sim I was in as my home sim has a swimming pool area, that had a detailed set of bathrooms. I would duck into the bathroom to change my clothes, lacking any better place to go. I even made a small "changing tent" once that I could rez in a sandbox or elsewhere, before walking inside it fto change my clothes or appearance.

Since my avatar is a furry, the intermediate steps while getting changed can be quite unsightly, if adding new hair or a new hat accidentally takes off my prim head, revealing the distorted avatar head under that 'mask', or if adding a skirt takes away my tail... If I have a complete outfit set up that will change the avatar and the clothing and the hair, all at once, I may do a 'replace outfit' and change all of it, but even then I prefer not to be standing in a publicly visible place while my clothes rez and my body parts change out.

While you certainly can, with any recent viewer, do an 'add to outfit' to wear a new outfit on top of tyhe old one, and then do a 'remove from outfit' to take off the old things, this can get very confusing if the outfits contain a lot of individual assets. It can also look very bad if you suddenly have an extra tail, or two overlapping heads...

Today, my preference is to change my appearance in my personal 'workdhop' skybox, at several thousand Meters up and in a non-public sim. I have a pose stand and an accurate avatar ruler and a script counter there, that I can use to double check any adjustments I may make. 

If I am roleplaying, and need to change clothes as part of the role play, such as changing to a riding outfit to go horse riding, I may duck out of sight and change, or I may flip to a pre-configured full outfit.

About the only time I normally change while others are watching is when that fits the scene, such as getting ready to go to bed.

leyna wrote:

I think  Melita's free changing rooms are great!  I use them when my partner goes into building frenzy mode on our parcel and I need a little space
;)

Brilliant, just tried them, great posing stand available as well :womanvery-happy:

leyna wrote:

I think  Melita's free changing rooms are great!  I use them when my partner goes into building frenzy mode on our parcel and I need a little space
;)

Thank you so much. That was very kind of you. :)

newsue: Glad you liked them. They're open 24/7, come back anytime both of you.  :)

Hmm. They changed the layout again since I last posted. I do not see quote button.

Re: changing rooms in stores. There were a few changing rooms I saw back in 2007 connected to stores. The only one I can recall the name of might still have them - Skin Within. Changing rooms in the sky you would teleport to from store. There was a skin, underwear store which had changing rooms on the second floor.

Most of the ones with rooms on the ground seemed to always have men casually standing around outside. Especially obvious when the store sold only female underwear and skin.

Millicent Warcliffe wrote:

Melita!! I'm a HUGE fan of your private changing rooms. I've never been harassed when changing in public or had someone walk into a dressing room when I was using it (a non-lockable one elsewhere), but I figure it's just a matter of time.
:P

Thanks so much Millicent! You're welcome anytime.

One store that has changing rooms on the grounds is Viviane Fashion.

• 1 month later...

I almost always change on the fly where I'm at, a piece or two at a time, or using "outfits". I would be wasting a LOT of time if I had to keep going home to change and then returning to my previous location.   Though if I'm working on a special outfit for a special event, I'll often be back in Caledon trying various hair/shoes/skin till I decide on the exact lok an daccessories.

I change clothes in my own personal skybox. Though I use the outfits tab in the official SL viewer, so there isn't that much of a chance of naked bits, I still don't dare to take my chances, because it's pretty embarrassing being caught changing by other people.

The main reason why I'm so paranoid was because back when I was on my first avatar, I used to change using the appearance editing tab, and I had no idea that people could actually see me changing. So one day, I was in a pretty crowded place and I started to change, when someone posted in general chat about shameless people being naked on G-rated sims (it was a freebie sim, so there were a lot of people there).

Needless to say, I quickly slipped on something and teleported the hell out of there.

• 2 years later...

Hi,

I have little island, where you can change your clothes. There are seven (7) skyboxes and they are in different heights. Every skybox has a pose stand.

Just join the group "Fitting Rooms" https://my.secondlife.com/groups/b149201c-9c96-2204-633f-08c6ab7f88db and you can rezz and open your shopping bags and make your avatar adjustments. Joining to the group is free.

Ps. If you need an home point, you can make it there too.

Here's the taxi: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Cudjoe%20Keys/137/136/21

Welcome!

Greetings, Uleria

• 11 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3268 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.