Editing Marketplace listings.

Porky Gorky

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4509 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

About 2 months after they closed SLX and forced us all to the new MP, I remember an issue that I encountered. I went through and edited about 200 listings. Once I was done I discovered that all those edited listings had lost their ranking. They effectively went to the end of the search results for relevant keywords. 

So has this issue been fixed? I don't really follow MP development so thought it best to check before I start tinkering?

Thanks.

Short answer...no, it hasn't been "fixed".

Longer answer....I don't think LL believes it's actually needing fixing. I am fairly certain this is completely intentional and won't be changing anytime soon(if ever, I honestly don't believe it will ever change though). Any change made to any product listing has always de-ranked it-for lack of better term. At least, like you said, since MP came to be. This hasn't changed. I've made changes(minor and major) to items just to test it out(before tinkering with them all, lol) and it's still the same. If you change a listing it basically puts it back as if it's a brand new listing, sort of like re-joining the que, as it were. The only thing you keep is your ratings.

Charlotte Bartlett wrote:

I can't answer for sure, but I recently did a mass SURL update to mine.    They did "seem" to lose ranking for about 24 hours then ranking seemed to even out again.  I got on front page again on the same property that was there previously.

Not a scientific answer from my side somebody else may know
:/

Yeah same behaviour as I've seen. it's retarded.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4509 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.