Buying on Marketplace

RoderickVaughn

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4513 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

RoderickVaughn wrote:

Can I buy something on the Marketplace if I'm not actually logged-on inworld? Will I receive the items when I log back in or will they be lost in the void somewhere?

yes ..i do it all the time..infact i just did it now hehehehe

they will be waiting for you when you get in..=)

now one thing i don't know though is if your im's can get capped out and lose them that way..i never tried that yet ..but i owuld think that would be the only way..that is if it could happen..

If its urgent and you need the item in the next 5mins, you wont get it.

If you relog few times, that might speed up the process.

If you log out and go have a nap, there is a big chance that you will receive your item next time you login.

Good practice is to think in advance and buy today what you will need in the next day or better two.

But Marketplace is great for looking at pics and checking can you see the item inworld, then teleport to the shop and buy it there.

Also, before you buy, check if the mechant is online, and buy straight from the person, thats the best choice!

Many people are having serious problems with offline delivery if they don't have anyone/anything on their "mute/block" list due to a recent server glitch. Apparently the server sends offline deliveries along with the block list and if there's nothing on the block list it doesn't send the block list (logical) OR offline notifications (fail). Sometimes adding something temporarily to the block list will release a whole stream of messages/objects, but they're capped at 25. I've been having major problems with Marketplace deliveries, especially of gifts, because of this.

I can confirm that this is the case, having recently taken to buying supplies for our journey to an island paradise where our community will be insulated against the hostile cynicism of those who are not prepared to commit themselves.

Being an open minded soul I had never muted anyone, and when I was offered the above explanation, and temporarily muted, for the purposes of the exercise, the Linden whom I considered responsible for this ridiculous situation, a cascade of exactly 25 deliveries appeared.

But what has happened to the remaining 100 or so? Have they gone into the Linden SLush Fund? Have they been allocated to the Banned Aid charity? Have they disappeared into the same black hole as the Marketing Department? I won't suggest that they may have gone into the Void, as this is apparently a very sore subject.

And more to the point. How long, now that it is obvious what is causing the problem and has been brought to their notice publicly, will it take for LL to fix this stupid bug. The clock is ticking - and will be updated!

Father "Deliver us from evil, erm . . . Marketplace" Jim

RoderickVaughn wrote:

Can I buy something on the Marketplace if I'm not actually logged-on inworld? Will I receive the items when I log back in or will they be lost in the void somewhere?

Hello. Normally you can do that although it is no recommended. When you purchase something is better to be in world. Usually you get your stuff after some minutes or seconds. Being offline is very possible your purchase to be capped.

LoveAngeL Lyre wrote:

RoderickVaughn wrote:

Hello. Normally you can do that although it is no recommended. When you purchase something is better to be in world. Usually you get your stuff after some minutes or seconds. Being offline is very possible your purchase to be capped.

ok so IM's can get capped and you can lose items that way?

thats good to know..

i keep group notices off in most of my groups..so that helps..otherwise with 42 groups i would be capped even when i was online LOL

If I am shopping while I am not In World I simply place the items I want in my shopping cart and leave them there until I am.

Items stay in your shopping cart until you take action on them, either completing the purchase or deleting from your cart.

Doing this also provides me the benefit of rethinking impulse buys.

Perrie Juran wrote:

If I am shopping while I am not In World I simply place the items I want in my shopping cart and leave them there until I am.

Items stay in your shopping cart until you take action on them, either completing the purchase or deleting from your cart.

Doing this also provides me the benefit of rethinking impulse buys.

ya that cart does come in handy..

i wish i would have had it on a lot of my old spending spree's in world..hehehehe

If you haven't logged in a while, log first so the backup of notices and IMs are cleared. Otherwise anything else can cap. If it is a marketplace delivery it does not seem to keep trying. So it is just gone. You can notify the creator to ask them to send it again if you knew about the gift. If you did not know about the gift then the person who sent it will just think you are rude.

If you are ordering for yourself you do not have to be logged in to Second Life but it helps. I've experienced things not showing up because of that.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4513 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.