Pookey payed you L$50

Tamara Artis

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4569 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Remind me to friend Pookey.

Is your account balance on Pookey going down?

If not - check scripts around your friend when it happens - maybe some broken vendor is spamming the message over and over or at periodic intervals.

Did Pookey ever send money to your friend in past, exactly 50L perhaps, using a object / script of some sort - one with a chat trigger of its own that played in addition to the default transaction spam?

Is the message to Pookey arriving in IM, from the system, or some other method? Ie: does it appear real or faked?

If it comes from an object or person - you can select them in chat (at least in v3), and get info or block either the object, object owner, or both - or report them if it turns out to be faked spam.

Thank you both for your replies! ;)

Here is how it looks:

[15:21] Second Life: Pookey (tamara.artis) is online.
[15:21] Second Life: Pookey (tamara.artis) paid you L$50.

I sent him 50L few weeks ago, just opened his profile and payed, and thats all. Last message he saw yesterday when he loged in, my transaction history doesn't show that I have payed him, and I don't miss any money.

I'm usually at some other place when it happens, and it happens when he logs in, so I'm not sure how to check scripts (and what scripts) around him.

Its just annoying and I'm curious to find out why and how its happening!

And also, reminding Pussycat to friend me lol

Haa, didnt realise it is text message, i thought it was real payment popup. (i should sleep)

If it is real system message, it is just some bug. Could just ignore it untill the problem fix it self. Or send a ticket and let LL look at it.

Edit: could also send 1L$ just to see if poking the system makes the error go poof. Or could make the error double it self ^^

Niall Braveheart wrote:

Is it definitely a new message every time he logs in?

Did he once have the option to log local chat enabled, and just happen to switch that off right after you paid him, in which case he might just be seeing the last message in the log file.

This is probably the answer. If you disable logging of IMs, and there are logs of past IM sessions that still exist on your computer, they will show up in the IM box when that person IMs you again. Your friend can delete the old log and shouldn't see it again.

Niall Braveheart wrote:

Is it definitely a new message every time he logs in?

Did he once have the option to log local chat enabled, and just happen to switch that off right after you paid him, in which case he might just be seeing the last message in the log file.

I agree that this is the most likely answer. I always see stuff from 6/14/11 in local chat when I log in, and I think it's because that's the day I first installed Firestorm (and would have had logging of local chat enabled as the default until I went in and changed that setting). 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4569 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.