Selling a Sim .... How difficult can that be ... A LOT!!!

Annemarie Perenti

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4502 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Ok here my rant is beginning.. I need to sell a sim and (for personal reasons) I have a few weeks deadline to do it. The sim is adjacent to other sims and not only I need the acceptance of the buyer, but also the authorization of 2 neigbhors. I open a case... I give the ticket number to all the interested parties... and wait, and wait. One of the neighbors is not logging on and not answering my emails until late a couple of weeks. The case is closed. So I go back and ask Mae Linden who is handling it, since I have a particular situation, (very politely) to keep it open. No way.. this is not the way LL handles things... after a couple of times back and forth with Mae she locks che case (like don't bother me anymore) and that is the kiss of death apparently.

If a shop, like let say Macy's, was in a similar situation they would have done everything is their power to help me, (actually recently they went through hell to help me with a 65$ transaction) but no... dealing with LL is worst than dealing with the beaurocracy of the government. Evidently LL doesn't need the money and they spit on 295$ a month. Good for them. From my side I done dealing with LL. Good bye, Annemarie

Um... what Phil said. :)  Giving the neighboring sim owners a heads-up on the impending sale might be the polite thing to do if, for example, your three sims share a common theme and you're not sure if the buyer intends to continue that theme or not... but unless I missed something, I can't find anything which states that you are legally obligated to get another sim owner's permission before you can sell a sim you own, or that they are allowed to hold up or sabotage your sale by not responding to your messages.

As far as I'm concerned, you did your ethical duty as soon as you notified them that a sale was pending.  If they can't be bothered to respond in a timely fashion, then they clearly don't care that much.  Just sell the flippin' sim and be done with it.

Actually LL mandates neighbors approval to change the ownership of a sim if they are adjacent or corner to corner. The sim I am selling is adjacent to other 2 sim, like in a cluster of fashion sims, and the approval of 2 neighboring owner is required. So 4 ticket are required, buyer, seller, and 2 neighbors, and all of this has to happen in 48 hours because that's how long a 'case' stays open.

For personal reasons I have to close the sim by year end, and if we are not able to finalize the transaction by then LL will lose a sim for a self imposed policy. How smart is that. All the tickets are there but they wouldn't process them because the case is closed. I am not going through the ordeal again, especially after Mae shut the case on my face. If this is their customer servive and you, the seller (LL) are so rich that you can spit on 295$ a month, good for you.

I am not sure if you have to pay the move to another location when you are buying an existing sim, or if they give you this oportunity for free at this time.

Annemarie Perenti wrote:

I am not sure if you have to pay the move to another location when you are buying an existing sim, or if they give you this oportunity for free at this time.

It's included in the transfer fee.

Transfer fees

There is a USD$100 (or L$28,000 for L$ transfers) region transfer fee, debited from the seller's account, which pays for the backend work by Linden Lab, including:

• Changing estate ownership settings
  • Billing transfer
  • Region name change
  • Moving the region

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Managing-Private-Regions/ta-p/700115#Section_.3.1

Annemarie Perenti wrote:

Actually LL mandates neighbors approval to change the ownership of a sim if they are adjacent or corner to corner. The sim I am selling is adjacent to other 2 sim, like in a cluster of fashion sims, and the approval of 2 neighboring owner is required.
So 4 ticket are required
, buyer, seller, and 2 neighbors, and all of this has to happen in 48 hours because that's how long a 'case' stays open.

Actually, the way I read it, it seems that the owners of any adjacent sims merely need to add Allowed Neighbors.

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Managing-Private-Regions/ta-p/700115#Section_.5

Annemarie Perenti wrote:

The approval of neigbhors is mandatory.

You're saying that the approval of neighbours for you to sell the sim is mandatory? My inclination is to disbelieve it because, on the face of it, it doesn't make sense. It's enforcable because LL does the change of ownership, but even they can't prevent you from simply returning the sim to them (dumping it). So what's different about that particular group of sims that caused LL to include such a rule?

I'm thinking, what if the sims were given a special price deal to maintain their theme? If a sim were sold, its theme could change. But, even then, it wouldn't need neighbours' agreement to sell. It would need the buyer's agreement to the deal with LL.

I'm puzzled.

Griffin Ceawlin wrote:

It's included in the transfer fee.

Transfer fees

There is a USD$100 (
or L$28,000
for L$ transfers)
region transfer fee, debited from the seller's account, which pays for the backend work by Linden Lab, including:
  • Changing estate ownership settings
  • Billing transfer
  • Region name change
  • Moving the region

That's a bit out of date, isn't it? :)

You can disbelief as much as you want but I am telling you... I went through this process twice, and that is what it is.

Currently I am trying to give a sim to a friend, actually selling it for 100L and LL is blocking the procedure until they get the neighbors approval. The point though is taht they impose this rule that tickets have to go to completion is 48 hours, so if the neighbors do not send the approval in time the case is closed and there is no transfer. I already opened the 'case" twice with no result.

The ony reason I have not dumped the sim is because is Christmas and on the sim there are 2 mainstores. I don't want to damage my merchant friends business. Before next tier if the matter is not resolved i will get rid of the sim.

Ok, I just read the whole thread ... and I'm confuzzled as well. But apart from some LL policies you should rather think about a practical solution for the problem. Here's my idea, maybe a stupid one, but just an idea:

Make a group. Or maybe better, let your friend make the group.

Invite your friend to the group (or join his) and make him co-owner and responsible for tier payments. Maybe make a contract with him (RL) in which he confirms that he's paying the 295 US$ from now on.

Deed the sim to the group.

This should be a workable solution for until LL finally works out the problem.

For the OP--the ONLY reason they need to approve the sale is if the sim is not being moved. Just tell whoever is buying it they need to move it as well as rename it. That comes "free" with the transfer to the new owner anyway. Case solved. You don't have to have approval from neighbors uless the sim is not moving, or its moving to another spot that also has people around it.

Monica Weir wrote:

For the OP--the ONLY reason they need to approve the sale is if the sim is
not
being moved. Just tell whoever is buying it they need to move it as well as rename it. That comes "free" with the transfer to the new owner anyway. Case solved. You don't have to have approval from neighbors uless the sim is not moving, or its moving to another spot that also has people around it.

Totalliy agree, Monica Weir is OK, I don't understand the problem of the OP.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4502 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.