How do I contact soemone to help with problems not covered by the normal support options?

Burlesquedoll

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4522 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I'm new to SL but have been looking forward to joining for about a year now (I didn't have my own computer until just recently). But now that I'm a member I'm not sure it's worth the time and have told a few interested firends not to bother with joining. I'm finding I'm very limited to what I'm able to do with my avatar without having to sink actual money into it. 

I don't have paypale or a credidt card and in general  am a struggling student and I cannot afford to put real money into a virtual game that I could lose at any moment. Wheather  it be the site crashing, losing computer acces, being hacked, ect. 

I'm not artistically talented enough to create items to sell like some people, nor do I have the time or proper computer and I can't find any information about the in game jobs I've been reading bits and peices about.

I cannot find any way to get support unless it has something to do with billing issues and such and I could really use some guidance here.

4 answers to this question

Well alot of people use the forums here for support.  We are free, smart, cute and 10 times faster than LL when it comes to answering questions.  So if you can focus a little bit more on specific issues you are having you will find plenty of answers and help here.

You do not need to spend any money to enjoy SL.  Freebies can be found in numerous places.  Public sandboxes are available to rezz objects.  And there are numerous venues to explore, learn or just plain party. 

--Cinn

• Like 3

Support is more for "something isn't working." If you have questions or want to have a discussion, you can post in the main forums and people can help you.

There's a lot in SL that you DON'T have to pay for. You can see the sights, go on adventures...bunches of stuff. Just look around, search, ask. In fact, I have yet to see something you HAVE to pay to enjoy that is not also available elsewhere for free. (With the exception of owning a house/land; entertainment-wise, though, nothing comes to mind.)

As for jobs in SL, check the "commerce - inworld employment" section of the main forums. Bunches of people post there daily looking to hire people for various positions. (Be aware that many jobs in SL are adult-oriented, so you need to be adult verified for them. This is not true of all jobs, but there is certainly a high proportion of "adult" venues and thus adult employment.) You may want to think also about what kind of job you want. Some people simply post that they're willing to "do anything," but if there are things you particularly do NOT want to do, you should be aware of them so you can avoid them and anyone offering you that sort of position. Jobs are not the easiest to come by in SL, but they are out there. Search the classified inworld, as well, using terms like "hiring," and/or job-specific terms.

Don't worry about sinking money into SL.  You don't need to put any more money into it than you want to.  I have been a basic member for almost 5 years, so I have never had to pay a Premium fee.  I do earn a decent income in world from scripting and selling clothing (and other items), but I didn't start to earn much until I had been doing it for a couple of years. Until then, I brought a small amount of money in world occasionally -- it's amazing how much you can buy for less than a total of $10 -- but I found that I could do quite well with freebies.  That's one of the lovely things about SL.  You can put money into land, a house, a monster wardrobe, vehicles, and all of that if you want to, but you can enjoy life without those things for free.  Go to live music concerts, dance at a different club every evening, shop in all the freebie stores and build a great wardrobe for nothing, explore incredible sims, find a friend, join a poetry group or start learning some skill that might eventually lead to a business. 

• Like 1

It sounds like Second Life is just not for you.  That's nothing to be ashamed of or to apologize for.  It has it's attractions for the people who choose to stay......and for the others the drift away.  Much the same as people tend to gravitate to certain entertainment venus in real life and others don't. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4522 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.