Mysterious direct delivery folders appearing in my inventory?

tilly Kiranov

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4538 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have been noticing over the past couple of weeks folders appearing in my inventory which I haven't created myself. These correspond to items in my Magic Box. Worryingly the items in these folders are incomplete. I sell furniture which is bundled up with lots of accessories, and most of the accessories dont appear in these new mysterious folders. Does anyone know what's going on?

Knowing LL Commerce's strong history of developing code and testing code quietly within production, what you are seeing with DD Folders magically appearing in your PRODUCTION account/inventory without you being notified first or not even a general notice from Brooke or her team that they will be experimenting on some of us.... THIS IS NORMAL LL DEPLOYMENT PRACTICE.

LL Commerce has not yet developed the solution of DD that actually would deal with the migration / transitioning of Magicbox MP content to DD.  Their team has been queitly scrambling to come up with a solution.  So likely what you are seeing is their team testing it out on some of you.

For LL their philosophy is "ITS EASIER TO ASK FOR FORGIVENESS THAN PERMISSION"

On the note of DD, the Open Beta has been running.... and yet not one word from any of those that were playing with it?  WOW... is it really that clean and smooth running??  Or is there some kind of gag order in the open beta grid for DD as well?

Toysoldier Thor wrote:

Knowing LL Commerce's strong history of developing code and testing code quietly within production, what you are seeing with DD Folders magically appearing in your PRODUCTION account/inventory without you being notified first or not even a general notice from Brooke or her team that they will be experimenting on some of us.... THIS IS NORMAL LL DEPLOYMENT PRACTICE.

LL Commerce has not yet developed the solution of DD that actually would deal with the migration / transitioning of Magicbox MP content to DD.  Their team has been queitly scrambling to come up with a solution.  So likely what you are seeing is their team testing it out on some of you.

For LL their philosophy is "ITS EASIER TO ASK FOR FORGIVENESS THAN PERMISSION"

On the note of DD, the Open Beta has been running.... and yet not one word from any of those that were playing with it?  WOW... is it really that clean and smooth running??  Or is there some kind of gag order in the open beta grid for DD as well?

I've been wondering this exact same thing too, Toy. 

/me crosses his arms and waits some more

Toysoldier Thor wrote:

No, it doesn't start until December, and the exact date isn't known yet. No one has had a chance to see it yet.

Catwise Yoshikawa wrote:

A friend sent me a picture of her direct delivery folder few weeks ago, so you are not the only one ;-)

We tried to find why she had that, but couldn't. She was using viewer 2 and the only unusual thing is that she use to stay on a RC sim. Some days later DD folders just disappeared ^^'

It sounds like it is in testing and the folders can only be seen on the test sims.

Paladin Pinion wrote:

Toysoldier Thor wrote:

No, it doesn't start until December, and the exact date isn't known yet. No one has had a chance to see it yet.

As clipped right from the SLM Merchant homepage "technical Announcements"

November 04, 2011

BETA TESTING NOW AVAILABLE ON ADITI!

Beta Now on Aditi: 11/3/2011 Beta Release Notes are posted on the wiki.

But of course, how could I have been confused.  Guess I need to read the fine print since LL's big lettered title says its NOW

Toysoldier Thor wrote:

Paladin Pinion wrote:

Toysoldier Thor wrote:

As clipped right from the SLM Merchant homepage "technical Announcements"

November 04, 2011

Beta Now on Aditi: 11/3/2011
are posted on the wiki.

But of course, how could I have been confused.  Guess I need to read the fine print since LL's big lettered title says its
NOW

Yes, I went there during our last discussion and saw that the merchant stores and magic boxes were set up, but DD wasn't there yet. I went back to the announcement and  re-read it, and saw that the DD segment won't be available until December.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4538 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.