Problem with walls and floors suddenly becoming invisible! Some help would be great:)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4585 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi, recently I found that my gallery walls seemed to have dissappeard - I thought maybe it was an SL issue but after having checked a couple of separate times the issue is still there. I've turned on 'highlight invisible' but nothing is showing up. The funny thing is that if  I walk around the gallery the environment behaves as though the walls and floors are still there - you stop when you reach the wall and can walk on the upper floors...but you cannot see them or select them..so I've now got a bunch of paintings hanging in thin air. I can't think of how this has happened - can anyone help? THis is really puzzling (unless it's some new kind of griefing!)

I can't suggest how it might have happened, but SL does do some funny tricks like that occasionally. What are called "ghosted prims" are not rare. The way to get rid of them is to have the sim reset. It probably won't bring them back as they should be, and you may have to remake them, but it is a solution.

Thanks very much for the quick replies!:)

Venus thanks verymuch for taking a look - if  you can see the gallery with the walls and floors (yes, they are half walls)that's really weird. I wonder why I can't see them? I haven't touched the gallery for a long time.  I wouldn't be able to have the sim reset as I don't own the sim. I guess as long as everyone else can see them that's okay - untill I want to do a redesign...

The walls and floors are still there - good :)

What you need to try now is clearing your cache and then logging in again.

Venus's idea, that you may have derezzed them, was good. It could have happened when you were last in the place. But try clearing your cache first. It might work, and it's a quick thing to do :)

Try using the SL standard viewer--if you have accidentally derendered the walls with another viewer, that will probably not affect the SL viewer.   You will need to be able to see them when you want to modify them.  Another way to get access is to create a new account- - which should be able to see them.  Then give that account authority to modify your objects.

TKR

I've been having this same issue for about 6 months now, clearing cache didn't help but when I right clicked one of the still visible prims that was linked to the 'missing' ones they re-appeared.

ETA Nobody else was seeing parts of the builds as missing and I've had the glitch on Firestorm, Phoenix and the official SL viewers.

Thanks Sylvia - very useful thread. I logged in to try out some of the suggestions there, and low and behold I can see my walls and floors again! Maybe I needed to log out after clearing the cache or something...but it seems okay now. Thanks very much everyone who replied with suggestions, it's very much appreciated:smileyvery-happy:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4585 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.