Is this normal at weekends?

Phil Deakins

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4542 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I do not think that Stole play Blackburn in the early Football match on Saturday every weeknd. I think that the spammer understands that there is much hysteria in England because of this and wishes to advantage himself of the enthusiasm of the fanatics. It is as ecstatic as Hoffenheim versus Freiburg I think.

Knot

it sucks having to AR all those threads..but after they get AR'd they go away pretty quickly..i don't think they were around 30 minutes after i AR'd them..and i'm sure i wasn't the only one ARing them..

it is much better than the last forums where we would have to wait until monday for LL to get to them..

But Phil, see my point above.   

Since a Concierge Level account in the UK has to wait till 4pm our time before there's anyone around in Concierge Help to attend to some urgent problem with the sim for which we're paying a couple of hundred quid a month plus VAT, why do you expect LL to have people around 24/7 to deal with spammers, irritating though the spammers certainly are?

@Pussycat

Until a week or so ago, I haven't used this forum for a long time - hence I wasn't aware of the spam weekends, and the lack of moderating staff.

LL ought to appoint a couple of people from Europe just to delete the spam. But I remember that it probably wouldn't work. They appointed a few people specifically to deal with the spam in the Conciege group, at the request of those people. But then a couple of tem decided that they were in charge, and started trying to control the discussions, even to the extent of ejecting people from the group when they wouldn't comply with their spur-of-the-moment rules. I.e. "That SL topic was discussed earlier today, so stop discussing it now". Many people simply can't be trusted, so it's probably best not to have residents who are able to remove the spam.

Phil Deakins wrote:

If they went in 30 minutes after you reported them, then I win!
:)
They were around much longer than that after I reported the first half dozen.

oh you would have still been waiting much longer..thank god i came along when i did..

SuperPremiumExcaliburAcc# FTW!!\o/ :P

lol

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4542 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.