Disable group chat?

Charolotte Caxton

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1891 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

In the newest LL viewer, 3.2.1, is it possible to disable group chat notifications from a particular ,or even all groups, without leaving them?

Edit: Hi, Angel and Val :)

Yes, I have the notifications turned off but I still get little orange popups when I have a new group chat, which is annoying because of the chime. and the blinking orange light.

I was hoping I could disable that.

10 answers to this question

I'm having the same issue Charo. It seems you have to disable the group notices to disable group chat. Which is a real pain as I DO want to receive group notices (for gifts or new releases for instance) but DO NOT want to be bothered by group chat. Anybody having a tip about that welcome.... :smileyindifferent:

• Like 1

I have the same problem. I want to stop the chat from SOME groups but i want the notices. Disabling group notices does not disable group chat nor does deselecting the global group chat preference. It seems to me that this is a bug: they have left off the salient option!

3 hours ago, Rob Carousel said:

As a DJ, I don't want to cancel out ALL chats . . . just the annoying ones. There is a box in Preferences under Chat, "When 'Receive group notices' is disabled, disable group chat as well" . . . . Perfect!! That way you can select which groups you don't care to hear from.

You're answering an 8 year old question

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Rob Carousel said:

As a DJ, I don't want to cancel out ALL chats . . . just the annoying ones. There is a box in Preferences under Chat, "When 'Receive group notices' is disabled, disable group chat as well" . . . . Perfect!! That way you can select which groups you don't care to hear from.

Or you could use Firestorm and then you can disable group chat, on a group by group basis, without having to also disable receiving the group notices.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1891 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.