Charolotte Caxton

Disable group chat?

Question

10 answers to this question

I'm having the same issue Charo. It seems you have to disable the group notices to disable group chat. Which is a real pain as I DO want to receive group notices (for gifts or new releases for instance) but DO NOT want to be bothered by group chat. Anybody having a tip about that welcome.... :smileyindifferent:

• Like 1

Hi again Charo! I have found something that may work. In Preferences > chat > disable group chat. Lol, I don't know if it's because I did that yestderday, but I didn't receive any group chat since then. It's worth a try. Hope this works!

in V3? I have two boxes not checked, enable chat pop ups, group chats and im, that stops the chat window from opening up when a chat starts, instead I just get the little orange dinging icon. ding ding! lol I feel like I am in a pinball machine lolol :D

I have the same problem. I want to stop the chat from SOME groups but i want the notices. Disabling group notices does not disable group chat nor does deselecting the global group chat preference. It seems to me that this is a bug: they have left off the salient option!

As a DJ, I don't want to cancel out ALL chats . . . just the annoying ones. There is a box in Preferences under Chat, "When 'Receive group notices' is disabled, disable group chat as well" . . . . Perfect!! That way you can select which groups you don't care to hear from.

3 hours ago, Rob Carousel said:

As a DJ, I don't want to cancel out ALL chats . . . just the annoying ones. There is a box in Preferences under Chat, "When 'Receive group notices' is disabled, disable group chat as well" . . . . Perfect!! That way you can select which groups you don't care to hear from.

You're answering an 8 year old question

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Rob Carousel said:

Or you could use Firestorm and then you can disable group chat, on a group by group basis, without having to also disable receiving the group notices.