Is SL bad at the moment... or is it me?

Jo Yardley

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4545 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I thought it might be nice to have one general thread where people can check if SL is having issues or if it is just their computer, connection etc.

You know the feeling.

You're in SL and somehow everything seems bad, lag everywhere, stuff won't rezz, or whatever other issue you may have.

You check the SL site and all seems to be in order, no major problems reported.

But you feel something is worse then usual, your friends also notice SL being naughty.

Just like today.

No major problems reported but lag is worse then it has been in ages, everyone notices it in my sim, but also people on my friends list are going on and offline all the time.

Can't rez stuff, can barely walk, etc, etc.

SL is poorly today... or is it just me?

For me SL was rather laggy on Sunday. Not everywhere, but in many places I noticed this. For example when changing clothes it often took quite a while before the clothes attached and rezzed. Sometimes I even had to go to different sim to change ge clothes. Objects rezzed on ground also often took long time to finally appear. Sometimes there was a message "Failed to rez object". So yes, SL was bad on Sunday in some places.

I have been having many problems with retreiving friends, groups and land info. Usual Client Second Life version 3.2.1.244864 but also with other clients. This is true on both my MacBook Pro and desktop MacPro Intel. This has been true for the last 3 updates to the SL client.

MacBookPro8,3, Intel Core i7, , 2.2 GHz, , Mac OS X 10.6.8 (10K549), , AMD Radeon HD 6750M & Intel HD Graphics 3000

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4545 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.