ISSUES WITH SECOND LIFE?? [[SOLVED]]

Rippa Hugo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4541 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey guys I recently started having issues with second life.... im just gonna list them as their are a few

1) login issues [ GRID FAILURE ] - [ MAKE SURE YOUR CLOCK AND DATE IS SET CORRECTLY ] which is correctly set

when I manage to login after 10, 20 times i get

2) empty friends list

3) everything is grey and cant move

4) during teleport i crash and if i succeed to teleport i find my self in middle of ocean

5) we own 2 sim next to each other... i login in one and cant see other one, my wife is on the other sim which i can see from the map but when i go to the edge of the sim to see the other sim it doesnt show its just blank ocean... when i try teleport there i get stuck on teleport screen and crash

6) voice appears disabled... its enabled in preference but talk button is still invisible (faded)

7) can't upload... take snapshots etc... get a message (unable to upload asset) 

does anyone know how i can over come these issues? i really dont know if its just me :\ 

Uhm... If I were you, first I would check if its problem in my avatar and the sim where I live.

Do a clean reinstall of your viewer - http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/doku.php?id=clean_reinstall - its for Phoenix but nvm that lol.

When you have a new viewer installed login to Kara (just type it in places, you'll find yourself at the bottom of the ocean) and wait all your inventory to fetch. Click recent items and wait. When its done fetching, reset your avatar by doing a character test - http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Resetting_your_avatar

With that newbie avatar try and see if you can see your friends list, upload photos, make snapshots, create and rezz items, enable voice, create and save a new notecard, all while still in Kara. If you can, then SL and your avi are fine.

Then go on your sim and try same things, after that make your avatar normal again, try all those things again and compare results:)

Also, it can help to restart your router.

ive tried all those befor tamara but it just seems at the login screen after "waiting for region handshake" it crashes and gives me the error message about my clock settings which is correctly set up i just dont understand it was perfectly working yesterday and today it just been playing up like this

One thing I've found: ping times from the Statistics window are insane. I don't what the numbers are measured by, but this morning they reached over 70000 ms. Speedtest.net tells me, by its tests, that I can get ping times to the USA of under 300 msec, and most of the time SL gives me similar figures

I've been away for a few days, so I don't know when this started, but this weekend, everything else has been fine, SL has been lousy. 

It's been my experience for the last week or more that after around 10pm SLT me and all my friends have the same issues. Things won't upload, crashes during teleports, failure to login, slow log in when it succeeds, object snapback, etc. really the list goes on. I have done numerous tests to see if it's on my end but have yielded no results that say it is on my end or my viewer. Every single thing listed in this thread thus far .. I have tried it. This problem persists until the early morning and as far as I can figure it seems to start shortly after LL business hours end and finally stop when they open back up for the day which I'd say seems obvious from my other statements but I will not say that I am 100% right. These are merely my observations and I would love nothing more than some feedback from LL but so far I have seen no report about it yet.

boo,

lucky you can do that. Linden newbie homes sims, or some of them are totatly borked :matte-motes-smile:

But in general, theres been a lot of sims borked the last few days.  Remember , server issues cannto be resolved on your end so dont waste time resinstalling stuff.

Anyways, off to a public sandbox for me, as my home is totally useless

I have had those problems for the last 2 days plus my complete avatar would not load up.  It couldn't find my body parts or inventory either.  Could not even go into "edit appearance".

Solution?  I downloaded the new BETA version of LL viewer and selected a new avatar.  Voila, all of a sudden it rezzed completely.  Then opened up my phoenix viewer and put all my old avatar, skin, huds, and clothes back on.  Problem solved.  Seems to be something your wearing is corrupt while your wearing it.  Getting the new avatar from the new viewer seems to "reset" everything.

ok...I seldom come onto the forumns....am an OLD second lifer..been around a looong time....and I am going to complain because the excuse is always ..check your computer...check your viewer...redo this or redo that....I have a premium account ..have for years...and I know this much...whoever is redoing and working on the inners of second life make it virtually impossible to use at times....if second life wants more people to sign up for premium accounts then whatever they are doing in the background needs to be changed....this happens daily...not once a week....its impossible to design..teleport...even find your inventory.....I know for a fact that they have commercial accounts they receive big bucks for which include big corp. and universities that take a lot of space but because they are paying big bucks they get top preferance..second life used to care about individuals and how we were able to have fun doing whatever we enjoyed..it doesn't appear thats important any longer. Here is the big question...how do you think a new person is going to stay, purchase or pay for an account when they can't even move, teleport, or interact with other avatars.....how will a new person learn how much fun seocnd life can be with all the buggs we have right now? This is totally defeating the whole second life experience!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4541 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.