The Reality of SL

Ann Otoole

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4553 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Barbie Girl holds a special place in my heart, and not just because my name is Ken... I was working out of town in the Dallas area about 13-14 years ago, just soon after the song came out.  I was driving to get some take-out, and just happened to have the radio on this station where a spunky female DJ was spinning platters.  She played Barbie Girl as a request.  She wanted to play it again, so she did.  I guess playing the same song twice on radio is a faux pas, because when she came back on air after the second playing, she said she got a phone call from someone with a higher pay grade than her from the radio station, telling her she could not do that.  She got all huffy, said that she could play whatever she wanted to, it was her show, locked the door and proceeded to play Barbie Girl over and over, for the next hour or so.  As word got around, soon car radios were tuning in to the same station, cranked up and windows open.  You could hear the song all over.  It was quite funny.  Yes, they finally got in, changed the song, and she was fired, but it was an interesting hour.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4553 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.