Aditi Marketplace, how to...?

Madeliefste Oh

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3861 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I wanted to give a try to sell some of my merchandise in this test surrounding.

So I downloaded the Aditi Magic Box. That arrive nice and quickly to me in Aditi. I rezzed the Magic Box and put in about 20 curtains. I don't want to sell my cYo products in Aditi, because all those items come with downloaders that allow people to download the psd-files that belong to the sculpties.

But when I took a look at my inventory in the Aditi Marketplace, I see that it contains 14 cYo items. And however I sync the Marketplace with my Magic Box, the curtains just don't show up at the website.

I don't dare to try to delete the cYo items from my inventory in the test marketplace, because I'm not sure if they will be deleted from my normal inventory as well?

What is happening here? Why can I not sync my magic box. And why are there items in my Aditi Marketplace inventory that I did not put there myself?

Madeliefste - the test SL/SLM has no effect on the main grid/SLM, so you're safe to delete/start over/whatever:

"Nothing that happens on the test grid (Aditi) has any effect on your avatar, inventory, L$, or marketplace listings on the main grid (Agni). Objects, inventory and L$ on the Beta grid may be damaged by bugs, be removed, or disappear at any point during Beta testing."

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Preview_Grid#Using_Marketplace_on_Aditi

I found when I first logged in there that all my existing products were listed on the test SLM, but none of them were available until I linked a magic box item to them (ie the web code was copied over, but there was no actual associated item it could deliver, so the listings are inactive until they're set up).

I guess you could try it out with an alt if you  want to make sure none of your real products are mentioned at all. But until you associate a listing with an item there via a magic box, it can't be delivered or activated anyway.

As for the new items not showing up i'm not sure - maybe ticket or jira?

Thanks for the info Zanara.

I overlooked something, I didn't know I had to go to a marketplace spot on Aditi. I normally login there in a mesh sandbox, and I just rezzed the magic box in this sandbox.

Today I went to one of those Virtuatrade campusses. After I rezzed the magic box there I can sync it with the marketplace.

Gavin Hird wrote:

I purchased a couple items from the test marketplace, the delivery allerts were displayed, but the Received Items folder was missing in Inventoy so I never found the deliveries. I guess we are waiting for server side to be updated to actually create those folders?

This has been filed as a bug because it's inconsistent behaviour.  To someone who first purchases off Marketplace, they are told that they have received delivery.  They look and there's nothing there.

NOWHERE does it say "this is your first delivery, you need to relog to receive your items."

Better would be for the folder to exist in the first place.

• 2 years later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3861 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.