I'm stuck as Ruth

Phil Deakins

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4567 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

In all the years I've been in SL, this has never happened to me before, and I've no idea what to do to get out of it. I'm hoping that someone can help.

When I log in, I'm a cloud and I stay a cloud. Rebaking turns me into a naked Ruth. I've cleared cache and tried rebaking again but it still turns me into a naked Ruth. How can I get out of it?

Info: I can't put any clothes on because the system won't let me until my shape and clothes have downloaded, which they won't do - and that's the problem. I've tried testing male and female but it doesn't work. It tells me that there are no clothes in the folders.

When this happened to me, exactly this happened to me; clearing cache and "all the usual things" didn't work. Until I'd rebooted the computer. Then I logged back in to Furball (empty water sim), opened my inventory and waited, did absolutely nothing else, watched my inventory slowly load.

Your stuff's somewhere Phil, you've just had something happen with your connection to temporarily cause this issue.

Have another go - but reboot this time.

Good luck!

I had this happen to me on several occassions.   Everyone one had different things to try and none of them seemed to work.

I finally logged in on a different viewer and it cleared up.   Then, The simple solution for me was to take everything off but my

shape, eyes, skin, hair and a t-shirt and a pair of shorts.   No AO, nothing but just the the absolute bare minimum.  

Then I went into edit apperance and saved the outfit asEmergency Reload.   Since then, anytime this has happened I  wait a

few minutes then drag that folder out of outfits on to my av.   It works like a charm and I can then add all my normal junk and

be on my way.

Hope you got the problem solved and you might want to give this a try for the future.

With any item, when you right click, you get options like "wear," "add," "remove" (if you're wearing it). There's also an option to replace current outfit, particularly if you're right-clicking a folder. It'll remove everything you're wearing but the bare essentials (skin, shape, eyes, system hair), including HUD's and attachments, and put on the items in the folder you clicked.

The Linden ones never work for me. Choose a clothing folder; in my viewer I can choose any clothing folder at long as it's in my main inventory and not my library. I thought it worked with individual items, but it doesn't. Works for me every time. I don't think it's viewer dependent, but I do use Firestorm. I get a whole long menu when I right click a clothing folder.

You should be wearing more then the Ruth shape. You have to have a skin, shape, eyes, and system hair. You literally can't take those off, only replace them, which means you're probably completely ruthed - all of those things are the default junk. It happens, no big deal. Grab one of the folders from your library - I usually use "Girl Next Door" - and drag it onto your avi. Wait a few minutes, and see if it loads. Then try to replace something - just one thing. Sometimes I find lately that nothing seems to change until I wear another item, like a shirt - then all of a sudden all my stuff loads. Of course, I end up in a confused jumble of outfits, but it doesn't take too long to get it sorted again.

You can also try replacing individual items, if you have substitutes. Like replacing just the system hair, for example. Sometimes it gets corrupted or otherwise goes wonky for no reason, and replacing that helps. (To replace that, you just wear a new one, since you can't actually take it off entirely.)

Here's the whole list again:

http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/doku.php?id=bake_fail

9 times out of 10, something on there works.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4567 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.