Is anyone else seeing ugly coupons in their browser?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4567 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Every time I go to a Second Life website, like the forums or the marketplace, this little window pops up in the upper right of my browser that offers me "coupons" for creating my "imaginary avatar" in Second Life.

They are really cheesy, cheap, and fake-looking.

If I click on one, it takes me to secondlife.com.

Are other people seeing these things? Is there a way to turn them off?

I don't see any coupons in my browser. I have never seen any kind of advertising in the forums. I don't think the lithium forum software is set to even show ads. It sounds you have something like a toolbar or add-on that is throwing up ads. What browser do you have?

I'm not seeing them.  I do have pop-ups blocks but I get a notice when one is blocked so I can opt to allow or not........I'm not getting any of those either.  You could be infected with some sort of mal-ware.  Run your anti-virus and anti-matware software and avoid clicking on anything you don't know what it is.  You could be taken to some rogue website instead of SecondLife.com.........that's not a good thing.

could be the browser you're using IE is the worst for unwanted pop-ups and things you have to click before you can view a webpage i haven't come across a single pop-up in all the years i've been using chrome 

if you're on IE it might have a built in pop-up blocker i can't remember if not i seem to remember the yahoo and google toolbars having one

Knutz Scorpio wrote:

I'm not seeing them, using FireFox 3.0.9.  In tools->options there is a box to click to block pop-ups

Yes, thanks... I looked there (I do use Firefox), but it is clicked, and I don't have any exceptions.

I'll post a picture next time I see one of them, so you all can enjoy it.

I might start using AdBlock, Griffin, thanks for the suggestion, but this is the only ad that bugs me.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4567 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.