danny501

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4642 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello everybody,

The movements of my Avy are the standard ones and therefore very basic.

Where can I find animations that make my movements more fluent, emotional and expressive. For example, if I stand in front of somebody not only to stand but show more "body-talk"

I feel like I must be missing something in this thread...

Anyway, as far as animation overrides go, it is best to find them inworld, where you can try the animations. I used a Gaeline one for a while (either Gaeline Creations or Gaeline Animations, can't remember the exact name, but pretty sure they had both male and female AO's), and it was under $1000L. My favorite so far are from Vista, but theirs are pricey, at closer to $2000L, sometimes more. Oracul is a good suggestion, and the prices there are the best I've seen. You can also find free ones, particularly on the marketplace. Most places have a link you can use to get to their store and try the animations out before you buy.

I don't know if you caught an earlier posting of mine, but Vista has 40% of their AO's...a selected one each day for the next week or so...if you have another set that you like but didn't want to put the extra L$2000 out, now would be the time to splurge, perhaps :)

If you truly want to have your avatar act in a unique manner, don't buy a preloaded AO.  Your avi will just move like thousands of others.  Buy each animation separately and only those that express 'yourself' then buy a empty HUD or get a free Zhao to put them in to use.  Personally I use a Huddles that I set up with several 'sets' of animations I bought separately and choose which set to use that reflects my mood or what I'm doing.  I have a set for business, once for casual socializing, a flirty set and some specialized ones for certain roleplay or avatars.  All these are in one HUD that  I can just click a button  to tell it which set to load and play.  The HUD also holds all my dances, which can also set up by musical genre or mood.

Amethyst Jetaime wrote:

If you truly want to have your avatar act in a unique manner, don't buy a preloaded AO.  Your avi will just move like thousands of others.  Buy each animation separately and only those that express 'yourself' then buy a empty HUD or get a free Zhao to put them in to use.  Personally I use a Huddles that I set up with several 'sets' of animations I bought separately and choose which set to use that reflects my mood or what I'm doing.  I have a set for business, once for casual socializing, a flirty set and some specialized ones for certain roleplay or avatars.  All these are in one HUD that  I can just click a button  to tell it which set to load and play.  The HUD also holds all my dances, which can also set up by musical genre or mood.

This approach requires a bit of extra work, but is well worth the effort. 

You can also buy a decent preloaded AO then add other animations that you like to it, in order to individualize it.  Individual animations can add up very quickly and you could easily end up spending a lot more money putting together an AO from scratch than you might if you bought a set.

I found this out when I put together one for my alt... my main has a preloaded set that I've added to and works very well, but it isn't as nearly as nice as the one I put together for my alt, piece by piece.

A warning: when I was purchasing the individual animations for my alt, I noticed that some animations that were included in more expensive sets were exactly the same as ones found in cheaper sets by the same creator; therefore they were also cheaper when bought individually.  So, it pays to research thoroughly before you make the actual purchase.

Also, I use viewers with built in AOs and find it much easier than having to add animations to a hud.  Plus, that's one less hud you have to wear and hud AOs are usually very heavily scripted... which is something that should be avoided if at all possible.

...Dres

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4642 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.