JIRA moderation.

Paul Hexem

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4724 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Seems the most simple cost efficient solution all round would be for you to turn off your "watch" and email notification then bookmark the JIRAs you are interested in and visit them once a week. 

If they were to be moderated it only means that some techie is going to be lumbered with the job thus taking them away from their work or a present forum moderator will be assigned that role too.  Bickering is human nature and if it's offensive trolling then it can be reported through the usual channels.

[ETA] Even if they were moderated it wouldn't stop your inbox being full would it?  The email I presume is sent at the moment of posting or would you want all new postings reviewed before being sent because that would be unfeasible.

Sy Beck wrote:

Seems the most simple cost efficient solution all round would be for you to turn off your "watch" and email notification then bookmark the JIRAs you are interested in and visit them once a week. 

If they were to be moderated it only means that some techie is going to be lumbered with the job thus taking them away from their work or a present forum moderator will be assigned that role too.  Bickering is human nature and if it's offensive trolling then it can be reported through the usual channels.

[ETA] Even if they were moderated it wouldn't stop your inbox being full would it?  The email I presume is sent at the moment of posting or would you want all new postings reviewed before being sent because that would be unfeasible.

Well, as far as I know, the amount of people watching directly correlates to LL's perception of how important we think an issue is. So not watching is a good way to not having the issue taken as seriously. The idea is, if people run the risk of being reported, they won't be quite so... trollish with their posts (since the jira isn't a forum and has stricter posting rules). Or such is the hope.

We already have forum moderators, I doubt it would be hard to have one or two check in on reports over there.

Void Singer wrote:

actually IIRC the jira is moderated, by which ever linden happens to on that issue (they get spammed too), and in cases they have removed comments and revoked jira access for certain people.

You're correct in that I've seen Linden employees threaten to revoke jira access, but even so, they let a lot of stuff slide, it seems like. Because they're busy people. Not moderators.

Coincidentally, I was just trying to figure out how to deal with some jira vandalism that struck overnight.  I'm not sure whether to AR the vandal in-world (presumably it has or had an account, in order to have jira access), or file a support ticket, or just flag down a likely Linden.  Or maybe I should just link that jira to this new WEB-4214 and comment that it needs cleaning.

Any suggestions?

This is a side effect from the switch from vote to watch, I've never watched many Jira's because of the email issue, I either bookmark the ones I'm interested in or use filters, I've never bought the idea that you need to watch it to be interested, LL never worked that way on votes and I doubt they do on watches.

what people say here as regards to SL and their experiences doesnt bother me at all, that is what they are for.....but what does bother me is the constant flood of emails telll me to watch this or watch that.............i wish those one would go away as there must be a way

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4724 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.