Everyone is welcome to make friends at my commune

Seductive Dreamscape

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4297 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

We are a genuinely friendly community of people and in fact call ourselves a family. We welcome everyone in SL to just hang out and have fun - sometimes naughty fun as it is an adult sim... but we also have writers, artists and musicians in the family and are creative and very very sociable. So don't feel lonely anymore... come and chat to us around the fire today.

Click this link to visit us http://slurl.com/secondlife/Bolton/169/150/23

Seductive Dreamscape wrote:

We are a genuinely friendly community of people and in fact call ourselves a family. We welcome everyone in SL to just hang out and have fun - sometimes naughty fun as it is an adult sim... but we also have writers, artists and musicians in the family and are creative and very very sociable. So don't feel lonely anymore... come and chat to us around the fire today.

Click this link to visit us 

Oh yes!  This a truly unique commune!  I have been there, although not often enough.  Work, landlord responsibilities, the like.  Sigh!  But it is a lovely place to unwind, in an adult atmosphere!  And Seductive Dreamscape is a groovy lady too!  Far out!

Peace!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm afraid I can't recommend this sim at all. Like so many hangouts in SL, it attracts a kind of coterie of proprietorial insiders who tend to gang up on and attempt to bully people outside the self-chosen few. You know the score. I have to say the sim owner is in no way to blame for this. She's the loveliest person you could hope to meet, but spectacularly naive and gullible. Steer clear.

In the interests of fair play, this is a membership site It costs 300L to join - a paltry sum, I admit, but unrefundable in any circumstances. Non-members cannot use any of the facilities so are not really qualified to comment. I would still say, on balance, save your money - unless you have a penchant for being bullied by the usual suspects.

On reflection, I have to qualify my comments. Of course I can only offer you my subjective experience. I'm perfectly willing to concede that my reading may have been quite wrong. On the positive side, I should point out that the sim is very beautiful - the light and colours can be so bright as to be positively Venetian. And as I mentioned in my first comment, Sedi, the host of the sim, is an angel. All I would suggest is that you make several visits before you commit yourself to joining. Give yourself time to see what you make of the residents. Maybe I was just unlucky with my timing. Although you won't be able to use any of the pose balls, etc, you can always just use your own sit command to perch on a sofa or whatever. chat with residents and get the feel of the place. Things didn't work out in my case, but, in retrospect, I realise that my earlier posts were probably too stark. Maybe I was just unlucky.

Rufus Attis wrote:

On reflection, I have to qualify my comments. Of course I can only offer you my subjective experience. I'm perfectly willing to concede that my reading may have been quite wrong. On the positive side, I should point out that the sim is very beautiful - the light and colours can be so bright as to be positively Venetian. And as I mentioned in my first comment, Sedi, the host of the sim, is an angel. All I would suggest is that you make several visits before you commit yourself to joining. Give yourself time to see what you make of the residents. Maybe I was just unlucky with my timing. Although you won't be able to use any of the pose balls, etc, you can always just use your own sit command to perch on a sofa or whatever. chat with residents and get the feel of the place. Things didn't work out in my case, but, in retrospect, I realise that my earlier posts were probably too stark. Maybe I was just unlucky.

Well, I for one appreciate your honestly and your sincere attempt to present the positive along with the negative.  While what you describe could have, indeed, been an instance of groupthink, it's more likely that a majority of the members just disagreed with you and stated so, which in no way equates to bullying.

I don't know you, the group nor the circumstances involved, but it's clear, by your stating that people should check them out and make up their own mind, that you are probably not the type to immediately cry bully simply because someone disagrees with your point of view.

That being said, I think I'll steer clear of the place... having been recently ostracized by a number of individuals that couldn't come to terms with my ability to think for myself instead of towing the party line, the taste in my mouth is still a bit bitter.

...Dres *goes to find his mouthwash*

• 1 month later...

Hello - I have to comment on this thread. I am the leader of the Commune. While I have no wish to drag the whole issue of WHY Rufus Attis was banned from the happy Commune up again (which is very welcoming and has in fact banned only 10 people in 6 months with 500 members), his behaviour was not in keeping with the very few rules of the Commune, which is respect and sexual enjoyment free from jealousy, for all people. We are a polyamory community in which we share ourselves in deep friendship and love. I am very sorry that Rufus finds himself trying to sabotage the Commune on here when all we want to do in the Commune is spread peace, love and happiness to all. Do not be put off by one banned person's viewpoint, when 500 other people absolutely love the beauty, friendliness and sensuality they find in our gorgeous sim.

Sedi 

• 3 weeks later...

Nonsense, Sedi, and you know it. You banned me on the basis of rumour and malicious untruths about so-called events that you didn't even witness. And I wouldn't bang on about your 500 members so much. Imagine what the place would be like if they all showed up at once. Fortunately, they don't.

• 5 months later...

Sadly, i cannot recommend this place.  I myself was banned due to some content in my personal IM's which was copied and pasted to Ms Dreamscape.  This, as we all know, is completely against the TOS, and hardly in line with the "free thinking" ethos that the community espouses. 

Free thinking?  More like a case of Big Brother is Watching You. 

Avoid!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4297 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.