Does any body have a perfect SL experience?

Sundbuns Camel

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4573 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Everybody complains about one thing or another.  And some reply that they don't have their problem.  If you NEVER have any problems, your graphics settings are on High, you never crash or "rubber band", you cross sims as if they weren't there, you never log in naked, your purchases always appear in your inventory, etc., please tell us!

Lol, I must be lucky. I have never experienced any of the issues you are mentioning (except once but it was my router that was down and had to be changed). HOWEVER, I must precise I DO have issues with SL latest viewers. But using Firestorm, I have absolutely no problem. Just the usual lag in a few crowded sims. :smileyvery-happy:

Wow my perfect Sl experience. There have been so many. But I will share one that happen over 3 years ago. I was new to second life still learning how to work with my inventory. And as I was dancing at dance island and someone saw me putting boxes on me as I was trying on different clothes. Someone IM'd me asking if I need some help. I explained to Erik the resident how I don't understand how people can rip people off saying they have clothes when all they give you is a box. At that time I really thought people are unfair and untrusting in here. Erik not only calmed me down from getting upset that I lost more lindens that I had to work hard to get, and thinking it was another box I was just going to have to trash. Erik took me to a sandbox and explained to be about dropping items to the ground and opening them up. I thought he was crazy at first but I trusted he knew what he was talking about and was I right. Now if only I could of recover all the boxes that I trashed.  LOL

I consider myself pretty lucky.  I do, on occasion, experience issues like the ones you've documented.  They usually don't last more then a day or so, nowhere near the amount of time I've seen posted by some people :(  It's usually one of two things...SL is glitching which is where it clears up after time on it's own, or it's my system, a setting which I ask about or read about in one of the threads and follow the advice of more competent/savvy computer techs :matte-motes-silly:

Haha, this would be really perfect.....and unrealistic.

From time to time i have things delivered to late or not delivered. I even crash or my avatar does not rez good, or i come to a sim and there is slow motion. But these are all things that can be solved. ;)

Wait if delivery is late and usually there are reasons you can find out easy by asking in groups, others having the same problems atm due to server restarts, updates and so on. If there is no delivery it always worked to write the creator and get it latest after 1 or 2 days then. :)

Not rezzing or even naked.....seldom and i rebake then. But doesn't happen to me anymore. I realized it always happened after i was wearing a pair of trousers. Deleted them. :smileywink:

and ... played with my bandwidth. Not good to have it too high or too low. A good number is to test your speed in the internet and use 80% of this as bandwidth setting.

Laggy sim....can't be helped with many other aves around. But we all can do our best to decrease this lag. Less scripts, being nice to others with not that good computers by not having a too high ARC they have to render. And, as builders on this sim, using not too many scripts, not too big textures....and make our visitors aware of lag.

I soon plan to have a freebie lag guide and a tut on our website on the lag and ave not rezzing issue. As soon as we moved the Dream Forge school to the bigger place. For now ppl have to visit my lag class to get these informations.

Actually my problems are very little since i went back to viewer 1.23.5.

Some old glitches i have at moments like sim crossings on Islands. For some reason on the mainland crossings for me are flawless and smooth.

Very rarerly my avatar starts to drift which is already an issue in SL since the day it came about.

And very sometimes the server i am at looses connection so i get the message that i logged out but can still IM. However, usually i can be on for hours without any problem.

I set my bandwidtht at 1000 max. Much higher is possible, however Torley has a video tut that SL hardly ever users more than 1500. I've learned early on that setting the bandwidth too high results in loss of the internet data stream and therefore all kind of glitches such as tp fail, avatar drifting et cetera. On average i see SL using around 1000 maximum so i keep it there and my SL is near perfect.

All in all the old and known glitches, but overall, my SL with 1.23.5 is very fast and smooth.

Nothing in life is ever perfect btw ;)

I've been lucky for a while now.  Aside from the odd rubber-banding once in a while, or the bogging-down of open-chat in a crowded area, I've been enjoying the full-experience of SL without the headaches.

Well, maybe not luck.  It definately has to do with the viewer I'm using.  I've avoided using the LL viewer in favor of Kirsten's (and for now Niran's Viewer, a fork of KV), and it's been a much much much better experience; no problems with the UI (at least nothing to speak of), fullscreen, shadows, DOF, GI and AA have made for a beautiful time inworld.  I'm on a cable connection, so there's never really been an issue with connection-speed.

It's a beautiful virtual world in there, and we can only hope LL irons-out the issues that remain so that we can all enjoy it like it's supposed to be enjoyed.

Peace! 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4573 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.